IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

I'm still amazed by this! Well done SainT!

I'm still more than interested, ideally I'd love to grab three so I could give my cousins one each so we could hook up and play, but being honest I'd be more than happy with just one for now.

I expressed interest on page 11.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226918-lynx-multi-cart/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3192391

Thanks again for doing this, you're going to make an awful lot of Lynx enthusiasts incredibly happy!

Righto, found some time tonight, have built the first one up and tested, all good. I'll slowly build up the first batch in the evenings this week. Will post up and PM people when the first lot are done.

I found with new solder paste it sticks a lot better, didnt have the hassle I was getting before with it lifting and stuff, and the manual "pick and place" thingy works well. Didnt have any issue placing the finest pitch (0.635mm) chips down.

I'll get into the swing of it. I spent a LOT of time faffing about looking for stuff and building a little programming adapter so I dont have to have the cart plugged into the Lynx to program and stuff.

• Like 6

5 down, 5 to go. :-o

I'm getting better at this, but it still takes a while. Money from this first batch will be re-invested in trying out some Chinese PCB manufacture! Eeek.

Slightly scary prospect, but it needs to be done. :)

• Like 2

Money from this first batch will be re-invested in trying out some Chinese PCB manufacture! Eeek.

Slightly scary prospect, but it needs to be done. :)

It really is the fastest, cheapest way to get to everyone IMO. Of course there's pros and cons in everything.
  • Like 1

It really is the fastest, cheapest way to get to everyone IMO. Of course there's pros and cons in everything.

Yeah, I completely agree, it's what I've been working towards. Once I have some experience dealing with PCBA at fab houses and have some trust in their quality, the next projects will be a lot quicker coming (and there will be many more things to come).

I'm taking everything rather cautiously at the moment as it's all new ground.

But I can't knock the experience I've gained putting even these few boards together. Gives me a lot more confidence in the fact I can actually do a pretty damn good job (if I do say so myself) at doing SMT prototype work. Which again bodes well for other projects.

If I had a smug mode, I'd be engaging it about now.

• Like 2

Smug mode away fella!

When it all works out and I get one in the back of my Lynx I'll have grin mode engaged as I'm sure many people will have!

I've actually got a-lot of the Lynx collection on the original carts but this will be ace to be able to play the last few expensive/rare ones, to have one cart with all the games on and to get the unfinished prototypes too!

Thanks again SainT.

Edited by Orange-Phantom
  • Like 2

I've actually got a-lot of the Lynx collection on the original carts but this will be ace to be able to play the last few expensive/rare ones, to have one cart with it all the games on and to get the unfinished prototypes too!

I own the vast majority of the Lynx catalog on original carts, too, plus a small number of duplicates for ComLynx play. What I'm looking forward to most with this project is to be able to play more games in ComLynx mode without having to track down additional copies of the cart (I mean, I technically already own the game, right? Good enough for my conscience). My daughter is a big fan of the Lynx, so the more multiplayer options, the better.

Oh, by the way, please put me down for for a shield-less multi-cart for use in my Lynx 1 (I believe you said many pages ago that it needed to be sans shield to fit in the Lynx 1). My daughter has "adopted" the Lynx 2, but I'm perfectly happy with my old original model.

• Like 3