IGNORED

Elansar - Soon to be on CD!

82-T/A

Orion, sorry to steal your thunder, but I felt this deserved to be a whole new post. In your other thread, you said:

For people waiting Elansar, I finally made the decision to port it to Jaguar CD.

It will be easier to produce than cartridge. Also it will feature Cinepak Videos, better image quality, and support of Memory Track.

Soon to be released along with my puzzle game Yopaz :)

I was just thinking... if Elansar is going to have better image quality and Cinepak videos... would you consider making it "Elansar Deluxe" or "Elansar - Special Edition" in true Jaguar form? I think it would be kind of neat for those of us who already own Elansar on cartridge... I personally would ABSOLUTELY buy one on CD as well (even though I already have it on cartridge).

Thanks!!! And I hope you don't mind me posting about your games, even though it was my original post that spurred the decision to port Philia to CD!!! hahah...

I was just thinking... if Elansar is going to have better image quality and Cinepak videos... would you consider making it "Elansar Deluxe" or "Elansar - Special Edition" in true Jaguar form?

I like the idea of giving it a little different title to differentiate it from the cart version.

Edited by Sargon

Is there any title difference between Iron Soldier II cart and CD ? I don't think so :) but the CD version has cinepak video etc...

so I guess, the difference for Elansar CD, is that you can read "for Jaguar CD" on the cover ;)

Here the detailed list of difference between Elansar Cart and CD:

-Added Orion's logo video

-Added Elansar Intro Video

-Added Elansar Ending Video

-Added Memory Track save support

-All the "in game" picture have better quality (Ordered-dither 8x8, 16bits [R5 G6 B5]) (Cart version is Jpeg like, flat 16bits without dithering)

-Added the "monkey island" easter egg (like in original Elansar version)

-Modified the "plant" item graphic, because it had holes in the contour.

-Removed the Mouse adapter support. (because I have a bug in my DSP realtime IMADPCM decoder when adding Mouse reading support) Anyway I don't think this option was much used...

-Fixed the NTSC image cut problem in the inventory screen (save icon moved a bit down, and item text description moved a bit up)

• Like 4

Works for me! Please let us know when its available :)

I was thinking if waiting to play Elansar first, before Philia. Do you think that would enhance my appreciation of the storyline or are they stand alone enough that it really wouldn't make a big impact? I'm patient and up to wait if it would be better to play them chronologically

Edited by travistouchdown

Elansar should be available hopefully in one month.

Regarding the storyline, I made a quick summary of Elansar at the beginning of Philia (for those who didn't play).

So that may be spoiler to people who didn't play Elansar and want to play !

else, I would say there is not much trouble if you didn't play Elansar, but you will find similar place (especially at the end of Philia) so that may be worth playing Elansar first :)

Edited by Orion_

It's a good news for people who haven't Elansar but have a jagCD ... :)

It's a bad news for the Jaguar future... we are not enable to create new games using huge quantity of datas without using the JagCD bad technology :(

Honestly, the Jaguar is already more than 20 years old already... the fact that we are getting ANY new games is pretty awesome in my opinion.

• Like 3

Honestly, the Jaguar is already more than 20 years old already... the fact that we are getting ANY new games is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Pretty epic for sure and perhaps the reason why it is now one of my favorite systems of all time. I love my N64 but you don't see anyone making commercially available homebrews for that now do you?

• Like 1

Pretty epic for sure and perhaps the reason why it is now one of my favorite systems of all time. I love my N64 but you don't see anyone making commercially available homebrews for that now do you?

The Jag is not the only one to have new games in retrogaming (several 8 bits computers are for example, in the same case).

What is special with the Jag is that again all odds its homebrew scene is among the more active ones while the system is hard to code and is said to be one the worst blacksheep of all systems.

The Jag is not the only one to have new games in retrogaming (several 8 bits computers are for example, in the same case).

What is special with the Jag is that again all odds its homebrew scene is among the more active ones while the system is hard to code and is said to be one the worst blacksheep of all systems.

Haters going to hate, but awesomeness can't be defeated.