IGNORED

top 5 5200 games

Star castler

Here is mine, feel free to post yours too!

1. Star raiders. This is a very good 3d space shoot-em up game that works well with the original joystick.

2. Qix. A simply amazing conversion, looks and plays like the arcade machine.

3. Ms. Pac-man. another great conversion, includes cutscenes and arcade perfect graphics.

4. Q*bert. I think it is definitely better than the Colecovision version.

5. Mario bros. Multiplayer mess. It might be one of the only co-op 5200 games, and the gameplay of the arcade machine is intact.

Honorable mention: Ballblazer. A really cool game, futuristic soccer-like fun made better by an awesome soundtrack.

Off the cuff, I will go with my favorites being:

1. Pac-Man - no, this isn't a cop out, I really, really, really love the 5200 version. The style, the control, it is just simply wonderful to me.

2. Dreadnaught Factor - I just love blowing up those Star Destroyers er, whatever they're officially called. This one has elements of Xevious, good control, is challenging and fun.

3. Moon Patrol - Always loved the arcade game, and the 5200 has an excellent port of it. Love the bluesy music.

4. Space Invaders - Absolutely love the different aliens, the colors, the animations. I don't like arcade Space Invaders, but do like the 2600 version, and this even moreso.

5. Centipede - a wonderful arcade translation, plays fantastically both with the controller and with the trackball. Looks and sounds great, addictive as all get out.

Honorable mentions to Mario Bros, Qix, Galaxian, Dig Dug and Miner 2049er.

1. Pole Position - perfect in every way!

2. Missile Command - the 5200 controls shine for this game. Fun too boot!

3. Space Invaders - sure, it's not like the arcade but it's so much fun! Plus there's something that's so awesome about the invaders that change shape!

4. Centipede - awesome port of an awesome game.

5. Star Raiders - super addicting game and so much fun!

Honorable mentions. Super breakout. Countermeasure. Mario Bros.

Wow that's very tough.

Probably say

1. Pole Position

2. Countermeasure

3. Joust

4 Defender

5. toss up Moon patrol and Space Dungeon

aka and also Mario Bros, qix Adventure 2 Centipede tempest , Some of the prototypes. Frisky tom, meezbork, if finished. Xari arena.

Edited by atari5200dude82
  • Like 1

BLASTER!! Just absolutely amazing.

Centipede- perfect sounds, close conversion. Untouchable with the trak-ball

Defender- plays great with the stock stick and holds up well today

Missle Command - again, perfection with the trak-ball

Space Invaders / Galaxian (tie) - more trak-ball insanity!!

The 5200 is my favorite atari system by a mile, warts and all.

• Like 1

My top 5 changes all the time. Sometimes I like to play A8 conversions more than anything else. Currently if I could pick home-brew and no conversions....

Pac-Man this by far my favorite version. The 5200 version plays faster and is a lot more fun than the A8 version even though they looks the same. I like the Atari version more than the recent Pac-Man arcade because I never liked the choppy feel of Ms. Pac-man it is based from. Don't get me wrong, it is still fantastic and I play it a lot. I just happen to like the classic a bit more.

Tempest with the Trackball.

Adventure II

Gremlins

Centipede with Trackball

• Like 2

They are subject to change as with any other system I play but my top 5 in any order at this precise moment are-

Berzerk

Rescue On Fractalus

H.E.R.O

Dreadnaught Factor

Joust

Really struggled to split Ms.Pacman and Joust for the fifth option but the later got it after some deep thought.