IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Ordering Thread for SYDNEY HUNTER

Rev

No cut-scenes and bosses (I think you're reffering to the NES version)

I will post a video later today ;)

Ah, that's what I wanted to know. I had a feeling that your comment about bosses and cut-scenes were related to the NES version (when compared to Montezuma's Revenge). Thanks for clarifying. A game-play video would be great.

Thanks!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the video!

The new theme is great! This is a great opportunity to enhance the game a bit, add a couple more interesting hazards and enemies, and the ability eg to use a whip to take out some enemies or cross obstacles, add a bit more challenge. Although given the indicated release timeframe, this is going to be Smurf reskinned, correct?

Because let's face it, there wasn't actually much game in the original Smurf game...

- HZ

Looks good. Maybe this has been asked before but... what's the long pause before each jump over a fence, etc. I can't recall if the other game on the 'original' platform did that, too. I do remember getting really frustrated at what seemed to be rather capricious, inexplicable deaths relating to jumping, though...

Looks good. Maybe this has been asked before but... what's the long pause before each jump over a fence, etc. I can't recall if the other game on the 'original' platform did that, too. I do remember getting really frustrated at what seemed to be rather capricious, inexplicable deaths relating to jumping, though...

That is likely not the game but the gamer. In the original everyone would pause to get a clean jump. If you tried to jump without stopping first you would often run into the object in front of you and cost a life. I could sometimes jump on the run but not consistently, therefore I would stop and double jump. The first jump went straight up and the second jump went over the item.

• Like 1

That is likely not the game but the gamer. In the original everyone would pause to get a clean jump. If you tried to jump without stopping first you would often run into the object in front of you and cost a life. I could sometimes jump on the run but not consistently, therefore I would stop and double jump. The first jump went straight up and the second jump went over the item.

You're right on this Troy, however in the INtv version, you've more "freedom"

Here's the latest works on the game

Sorry, my air conditioner is working and I had to shoot the video using one hand and the other for playing

anyway, here it is

http://youtu.be/l0DSwQ4_qZg

Yup, it's just as lame as I remember the Smurfs game to be, but without the cute blue guys. The graphics look very cool, though. I particularly like the dark forest look.

I know you've said you're only replacing the graphics, but is there any chance you will enhance the game-play in any way?

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

2 days ago, you said:

I ask because, as far as I remember, the Smurf game on ColecoVision was just walking down the lane, jumping fences and occasionally falling on your face (stupid Smurfs kept tripping on long blades of grass! :lol: ). I was looking forward to it because I and my wife had fond childhood memories of the Smurfs game for ColecoVision. Is the Sydney Hunter game just the same game with different graphics or does it have other elements like you mentioned above?

-dZ.

So it sounded like you wanted the exact same lame gameplay that the Coleco Smurf game had years ago, and you would be disappointed if the game play was changed.

Now you are saying:

I know you've said you're only replacing the graphics, but is there any chance you will enhance the game-play in any way?

-dZ.

So now it sounds like you will be disappointed if the game play ISN'T enhanced in some way.

What do you want?

2 days ago, you said:

So it sounded like you wanted the exact same lame gameplay that the Coleco Smurf game had years ago, and you would be disappointed if the game play was changed.

Now you are saying:

So now it sounds like you will be disappointed if the game play ISN'T enhanced in some way.

What do you want?

I thought I was clear in both posts: the lame game-play is only appealing to me because of the emotional attachment to the Smurfs from my youth. A non-Smurf game with the same lame game-play has no such attachment. Sorry, but I was trying to imply that in a friendly way, just like some others have hinted here.

No worries. I just wanted to know if you were going to enhance the game, since it will now stand on its own, and there is no longer a need to keep true to the original's simplistic and lame-o game-play. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

I thought I was clear in both posts: the lame game-play is only appealing to me because of the emotional attachment to the Smurfs from my youth. A non-Smurf game with the same lame game-play has no such attachment. Sorry, but I was trying to imply that in a friendly way, just like some others have hinted here.

No worries. I just wanted to know if you were going to enhance the game, since it will now stand on its own, and there is no longer a need to keep true to the original's simplistic and lame-o game-play. :)

-dZ.

Okay that's clear now. Thanks for straightening things out.

I'm not going to enhance anything. I'm just an innocent bystander on the Intellivision highway of life, trying desperately not to trip over the harmless-looking blades of grass...

I'm not going to enhance anything. I'm just an innocent bystander on the Intellivision highway of life, trying desperately not to trip over the harmless-looking blades of grass...

LOL! That's cool, sorry, I crossed your posts with retrollucid's.

The game was already dressed up and ready to go. I appreciate that retrollucid is trying to bring it out to those who were waiting for it.

The graphics do look cool, and the concept is very appealing. I hope retrollucid considers making future Sydney Hunter games for the Intellivision with all new original game-play. I'll be look forward to those. :)

Cheers!

-dZ.

• Like 1

I think Gargamel just painted the razorwire green. That's how I justified it in my mind at least. :P Quite an effective way to cull the Smurf-herd. ;)

• Like 1

.... I hope retrollucid considers making future Sydney Hunter games for the Intellivision with all new original game-play. I'll be look forward to those. :)Cheers! -dZ.

To be honest, if Sydney Hunter & The Cradle of Death is going soldout, I will consider making a new Sydney Hunter game for the INtv :)