IGNORED

Atari Toons ROM?

Freezepond

For quite a while now, I have been looking for a ROM of the ATASCII Animation program that was for the Atari 800, "Atari Toons". I used every search engine I know of, trying to find a ROM of it, and I have also been to a ton of ROM sites as well, but I can't seem to get ahold of one. I also can't find any physical copies of it on eBay or Amazon. Can someone help me out?

Yes! I am glad a ROM actually does exist! The only problem, though, is that I can't seem to get the ROM to work on my emulator. I am using Altirra x64 2.40. I try to boot the BAS file using ALT+B, but it just says "CARTOON System File Load error # 138". Am I loading it wrong?

Ah, I did a search through my stuff looking for a rom, glad you found the file you wanted, try to remember to ask for the item by its right name ie a disk, a file, a basic file and exe etc rather than a rom which to us means a cartridge file.

The 138 error means its trying to load another file that it can't find, you need to have a disk with dos on it with that .sys file on there as well as the .bas file. I'm on my way out to the hospital but I'm sure someone will help you out.

Well,

my disk-version (ATR-image) works without any problems (boot it with Basic enabled). It also contains some examples...

And err, its not a ROM, just a Basic file. Don`t treat it like a ROM cart., for Basic files boot a DOS with Basic and when the Ready-prompt appears type in "RUN"D:FILENAME.BAS" (where filenam is the name of your program).

atari_toons.zip

• Like 1

• 8 months later...