IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2014

skr

Yes, the deadline is August 31st 2014 9pm UTC. At this time I need an email or personal notification from you, that you submit a game containing a description and a working version of the game. After that I will grant 3 days for bugfixing, because experience shows that immediately after submission you will find some major bugs. ;)

Looking forward to your submission! :)

Dont want to worry you guys but I thought direct ports of code weren't allowed - wasn't Amaurote 128 disallowed for this reason last year?

I'm having serious tecnhical difficulties getting Ramp Rage to run as a boot game but Jac! is kindly helping out (see the programming forum thread). The game works ok but I haven't been able to play it in full to adjust the parameters / difficulty etc. I'm working on a smaller XEX version just in case... 2 years of work and here I am still counting the minutes as the 130XE crunches the bytes...

Can someone confirm the deadline time is it 9pm UK?

• Like 1

Dont want to worry you guys but I thought direct ports of code weren't allowed

It doesn't seem to be against the rules of the contest.

However, a conversion from ZX Spectrum with Z80 is not on the same difficulty level as a conversion from BBC Micro. That's why I think there could be some minor controversy over "legality" of this entry.

José, you have written about XXL and Fandal, but I think you are missing the point here. As far as I remember none of them has ever taken part in ABBUC software contest with so direct port. But maybe I remember it wrong?

Nevermind, I'm happy that there will be another nice new game for 8-bit Atari.

I took the liberty to comment, because this year I'm not taking part in the contest. Good luck in the competition for all you guys! :)

Adam

• Like 1

I took the liberty to comment, because this year I'm not taking part in the contest. Good luck in the competition for all you guys! :)

Oh yeah... same here and i'm looking forward to playing everything i've seen so far. =-)

• Like 1

Update:

rgb - MaPa, PG, Ooz
nemezyro - MatoSimi, Poison
Ramp Rage - Jason Kendall

Update 14-08-31:

Title - Genre - Author

Dimo`s Quest - Game - 8BitJunkie

Joe Painter - Holger Bommer

Ransack - Jose Pereira and Lyren "Xuel" Brown

skr, on 26 Jun 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi everybody,

the first submission for this years contest already arrived. Please find information about SWC 2014 and most current list of entries there:

http://www.abbuc.de/...wettbewerb-2014

German/English ABBUC Forum topic: http://www.abbuc.de/....php?f=3&t=8046

I try to keep it updadet here too, of course:

Entries so far:
Title - Genre - Author

Dimo`s Quest - Game - 8BitJunkie

Let´s see if we can reach 14 entries again. I especially encourage you to read JAC!s really useful programming hints, which will save you lots of pain, especially when using Emulators for coding:
Thanks to JAC! for his wonderful support.

Oh yeah... same here and i'm looking forward to playing everything i've seen so far. =-)

same here as well :)

Seeing the releases so far, I am happy I decided not to send in a rushed-POS. I let it ripe and finish it for next year.

Spent the last days coding Atari STe for a change. I hope my transition back to 6502 will go painless :)

Edited by Creature XL
  • Like 1

transition to STe is pain... ;) I tried...

same here as well :)

Seeing the releases so far, I am happy I decided not to send in a rushed-POS. I let it ripe and finish it for next year.

Spent the last days coding Atari STe for a change. I hope my transition back to 6502 will go painless :)

Transition to STe was pain and no fun for me... I love and hate the 68k... maybe you will miss the d0-d7,a0-a7 but the bitplanes interleaved sux imho and be driving nuts is the odd/even adressing "bombing". :)

With regards to the yearly ABBUC competition, I have to give it a lot of credit. I believe that it is one of the main things that keeps this community going.

On one side you have people waiting for their yearly batch of games to arrive, all getting excited with the upcoming games.

On the other side, you have people working hard, probably just wanting to gain a bit of credit from their peers. The prize money is probably just a bonus I guess.

All in all, everyone is kept happy with this system, and it also helps to fund a magazine which is great for the community.

• Like 3

And another thought, perhaps Centron 3D could be released as an ABBUC game (please don't 'Reply' to this, I am not trying to re-start an old thread).

If the game is great as said, it will likely win and gain the money that could be gained from selling $10 disks.

If it doesn't win, we have a new game in the community and nobody feels aggrieved at having bought a commercial game which wasn't so good.

• Like 1

Yes, the Editor will be available in english, of course :-)

Concerning Masterblazer:

I was the programmer of the original Amiga Version of Masterblazer (and also designer of the additional parts compared to ballblazer: the rotofoil-race, the tournament, 3d-Manual, highscorelist...)

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=721

Achim Möller (Factor Five) did the 3D-Rescue-on-fractalus Intro for Masterblazer Amiga

Jörg Prenzing was programming the PC DOS Port of Masterblazer

Ramiro Vaca, Celal Kandemiroglu were the graphic Artists
and Chris Hülsbeck provided the Sound :-)

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 2

cool... as spending 9 months now on my "life time" dream recoding Fractalus engine together with Popmilo... I should ask Achim ;)

sometime things can be fairly easy :grin:

Factor Five was working on the official port of RoF for the Amiga those days.

Unfortunately, the Amiga was not capable to do the fractals much better than the Atari 8bit, so they dropped the project.

Luckily, i was honoured with this fantastic Rescue-on-fractalus intro-sequence :-)

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 1

Yes, the Editor will be available in english, of course :-)

Concerning Masterblazer:

I was the programmer of the original Amiga Version of Masterblazer (and also designer of the additional parts compared to ballblazer: the rotofoil-race, the tournament, 3d-Manual, highscorelist...)

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=721

Achim Möller (Factor Five) did the 3D-Rescue-on-fractalus Intro for Masterblazer Amiga

Jörg Prenzing was programming the PC DOS Port of Masterblazer

Ramiro Vaca, Celal Kandemiroglu were the graphic Artists

and Chris Hülsbeck provided the Sound :-)

Must be great still making games after so much time :)

• Like 1

as Cloanto customer I just installed the emulator... ;) and makes me confident... we reverse engineered the gfx code on ourselfs and we got the same result... and the Amiga code of the fractals seems to be the same... ;) keeps me happy :D

http://youtu.be/M11jmLtm4ag

Maybe 8Bitjunkie has original source code somewhere on his hard drive ;)