IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2014

skr

Definitely! Too bad I screwed it up with my birthday scheduling :-)

One thing I would like to know: The Abbuc software contest rules say only games, applications, programming language or DOSes apply. What about Demos? I think they're very important - where do they go into?

I quite agree, this is a german club after all :-)

Despite that, as I cannot be there personally, I would like to contribute a completely silly and useless eye candy demo of mine. You could show that on the JHV on my behalf... Maybe some of you like it.

Whom can I send that to? Sascha Kriegel?

• Like 1

I quite agree, this is a german club after all :-)

Despite that, as I cannot be there personally, I would like to contribute a completely silly and useless eye candy demo of mine. You could show that on the JHV on my behalf... Maybe some of you like it.

Whom can I send that to? Sascha Kriegel?

Please,

send me a copy !

Just registered for Abbuc membership. Hope I can still get the floppy etc. with the 2014 contest games ?

It's about time I did this, I've known about Abbuc since......ages ;)

Ditto - finally registered.

Welcome guys !!

If you get the newest Abbuc magazine (with the software from the contest), you will notice that the paper magazine only contains the german documentation - but the disk magazine contains the programs as well as the english docs. Think in the past I always tried to include the english docs at least on the disk magazine, when possible (if there was enough space)...

Maybe one day we reach a status, where the Abbuc paper magazine is german only and the disk magazine is english only -or- the magazines are both bi-langual (english and german), but you know that this is a lot of (time consuming) work...

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1

Definitely! Too bad I screwed it up with my birthday scheduling :-)

There is another chance to have a look into the source. The day after the annual meeeting in Herten a few Atarians meet in the "Unperfekthaus" in Essen (10:00 til 17:00) - Maybe you could join us there?

Place and Time:

http://www.unperfekthaus.de/projekte/atari-bit-byter-user-club/

Forum:

http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8156

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

Hello bugbiter

There's always the NOMAM (although that might be a bit far for you, as it's always in Schleswig-Holstein) and the Fujiama (near Zwickau). And hopefully next year, we'll have a H.A.T.Z. again (Hunsrück). NOMAM is usually in April/May, HATZ in May/June, Fujiama is in July/August.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS to get an impression, take a look at my meetings page.

Edited by Mathy

Hello bugbiter

There's always the NOMAM (although that might be a bit far for you, as it's always in Schleswig-Holstein) and the Fujiama (near Zwickau). And hopefully next year, we'll have a H.A.T.Z. again (Hunsrück). NOMAM is usually in April/May, HATZ in May/June, Fujiama is in July/August.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS to get an impression, take a look at my meetings page.

Schleswig Holstein? That's even more remote! Why has it to be northern germany? I'm a bit lost here in the south... :-)

Hello bugbiter

Because the guys organizing it all live in SH.

Fujiama is Lengenfeld, Vogtland, Sachsen. When I'm lucky (sometimes I'm lucky, most of the times I'm Mathy, but Peter is Lucky all of the time) (sorry, insider joke), NOMAM and Fujiama are a six hour drive for me.

BTW most of the time, Lucky is at the Fujiama meeting too (we had a nice talk last time). IIRC, he lives not that far from you.

Sincerely

Mathy

Yeah. I recently got all excited about joining ABBUC and even posted a couple of rants evangelizing the practice. But once I learned that the magazine wasn't distributed in English, I kinda went away quietly. If ABBUC wants to attract English speakers who can't read German, they really need to consider translation to the more..."central" language.

I agree and tried to force internationalizing the abbuc.

But even without knowledge of german language the magazine might be interesting (e.g. the Top10 of the games released within the last year, reviews of the newest games - games are getting grades from 1 to 10 in sound, music and fun).

And then of course: an organization becomes stronger and can initialize cool projects the more members it has. Without so many members, ABBUC would not able to reward prizes at contests, fund hardware projects and realize whatever ideas.

Small request: Could you change the controls so that the trigger is responsible for jumping and pushing up is shoot? ATM jumping is IMHO quite tedious and other moves during fire seems to be prohibited anyway(?). (Maybe it's only me, but I don't like jumping by directional input - I had/have the same problems with 'Ridiculous Reality'.)

Feature request implemented. Now you can press Help during the game to switch joystick up/fire actions. Check Fandal's archive (http://a8.fandal.cz) this Sunday for the final release.

• Like 1

Uh....I registered and......now what ? How do I pay ? do I get any info ?

Am I right that you used the registration on the membership site: http://www.abbuc.de/mitgliedschaft/mitglied-werden ?

If yes, please contact ABBUC via the contact page: http://www.abbuc.de/abbuc/kontakt

Just registering to the Forums does not mean to become an ABBUC member. The Forums are open for everybody, but there are some sections only available for members. For those areas (for example where you can download the disk images of the abbuc magazine) you need special permissions which will be granted from the admins.

Ok, that´s good so far. That request will be handled by Wolfgang manually, so that might take a bit, as he is only a human and probably extremely busy with the preparations for tomorrow´s annual meeting.

If it is that you´ll plan to vote for the games, please contact him via wolfgang@abbuc.de and ask him to send me a confirmation that you are a member now and your email address, I´ll send you everything you need then.

I filled out this form, it is clearly about membership, not just registering for the forums:

http://www.abbuc.de/abbuc/77-abbuc-der-club/113-mitgliedschaft-beantragen