IGNORED

PEB power consumption

Asmusr

I finally got a real PEB, but I need a 230V -> 110V voltage converter to plug it into a Danish power socket. My question is how many watts the converter need to supply. I can see that the PEB has a 1.25A fuse which means a maximum load of around 140W, but how much does a PEB with standard cards in reality use?

It may also be popssible to change the wiring in your power section of the PEB to set the transformer for 220V operation. Some of the square button ones can do this, some can't. I'll check to see if I have the specific wiring changes handy.

It is a simple matter or moving some spade lugs to different positions on a connector. . .

That is correct, Rasmus. You just pull the block and turn it so the arrow is pointing to the correct voltage. It would also be a good idea to verify that the fuse is rated for the voltage you are using too--and the correct value for it as well. A PEB set for 240V would have about half the amperage of one set for 120V, and these are Slo-Blo fuses to account for startup surges.