IGNORED

Good 7800 Games

Rhomaios

Now that I've become a member of the Enthusiastic Society of the Atari 7800, I feel as if I need to fill out my collection and acquire all the games I want for it. Am I missing any good games from the master list? The only games I've sold (=bad games) were Hat Trick, Karateka, and games that were/will be replaced by superior homebrew. All suggestions, though, are welcome, especially for quality homebrew I missed.

Asteroids Deluxe

Beef Drop VE

Bentley Bear’s Crystal Quest (not yet released)

Centipede

Choplifter!

Commando (still need)

Dark Chambers

Desert Falcon (still need)

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong XM

Failsafe

Food Fight

Frogger XM

Galaga

Joust

Midnight Mutants (still need)

Moon Cresta

Ninja Golf (still need)

Pac-Man Collection

Planet Smashers (still need)

Pole Position II

Robotron 2084

Scramble

Tower Toppler

It's a great start that you have there. I recommend adding the following to your list:

All three original release licensed Nintendo arcade ports: DK, DK Jr. and Mario Bros.

B*nQ! (homebrew)

Jr. Pac-Man (homebrew)

Ballblazer

Rampage

Ikari Warriors

Space Invaders (homebrew)

Frenzy! (homebrew)

Xevious

Have fun building and playing your collection!

Edited by atariLBC

I will second One-on-One. I am not a huge fan of sports games, but this one is relatively simple, controls well, looks good and is fun. I think this would be an awesome 2-player -- I am not sure if I can convince the other half to play this one with me.

Add in Frenzy, this was is another excellent recent homebrew and is two games in one (both Frenzy and Berzerk).

• Like 1

I'll 3rd One on One and add in Alien Brigade.

I also like Fatal Run. Anybody else?

Yeah, Alien Brigade is a really fun light gun game. I just got it and have been having a lot of fun. The animations really show what the 7800 can do.

Crossbow is a pretty decent game too. I guess that depends mostly on if you have a CRT TV to play them on, though. It's just not the same with joy stick control..

• Like 1

Robotron is awesomesauce! Use two sega pads to play it and you're set.

DK, Mario Bros, Centipede, and Joust are all great as well.

Homebrews are where the 7800 really shine; Super Pac Man, Scramble, Super Circus AtariAge, Failsafe, Pac Collection, Beef Drop, etc are all great. The 7800 has the best homebrews of its generation.

lol yeah they really need to hack it or get it fixed,I agree with you on Scrapyard dog.

I thought they did:

Impossible Mission (New Player Sprites & Colors)

I started with the "Fixed" version of Impossible Mission, so this rom is completable. This is a continuation/completion of what was started in this thread where I posted a very minor stance edit and some idea pics. I've reworked all the player sprites, reworked the PDA with added detail, drawn a new elevator which combines the appearance of the C64, SMS, and 7800 versions, added text to the Win Screen (There's a completion message and dialogue for Elvin), and changed colors of the player, PDA, elevator, and title screen.

Semi-Related Threads:

Impossible Mission - guess who?

Impossible Mission: Successful recompile of source code

Impossible Mission update and pictures and other ramblings

• Like 2

Wow thanks guys , sorry about that . I am not new to retro gaming,Atari Age or Atari as the A2600 has had a place in my heart for ever but I am new to the 5200 and 7800 ,I have not encountered many of those here in the UK and are stll learning about the pro`s and cons on these AA threads.

Now that I've become a member of the Enthusiastic Society of the Atari 7800, I feel as if I need to fill out my collection and acquire all the games I want for it. Am I missing any good games from the master list? The only games I've sold (=bad games) were Hat Trick, Karateka, and games that were/will be replaced by superior homebrew. All suggestions, though, are welcome, especially for quality homebrew I missed.

Asteroids Deluxe

Beef Drop VE

Bentley Bear’s Crystal Quest (not yet released)

Centipede

Choplifter!

Commando (still need)

Dark Chambers

Desert Falcon (still need)

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong XM

Failsafe

Food Fight

Frogger XM

Galaga

Joust

Midnight Mutants (still need)

Moon Cresta

Ninja Golf (still need)

Pac-Man Collection

Planet Smashers (still need)

Pole Position II

Robotron 2084

Scramble

Tower Toppler

You already have frogger XM? Did i miss something here?

Wow thanks guys , sorry about that . I am not new to retro gaming,Atari Age or Atari as the A2600 has had a place in my heart for ever but I am new to the 5200 and 7800 ,I have not encountered many of those here in the UK and are stll learning about the pro`s and cons on these AA threads.

The UK one is possible