IGNORED

Why haven't there been plans for an atariage 3rd party joystick?

Prosystemsearch

It could be based on the Coin controls joystick, the Wico controller, or it could be designed like the colecovision Super action controller. another idea is to make reproductions of the plastic direction restrict-or that sat on top of the 5200 analog joystick, restricting its movement to 4 directions only, thus making games like Pacman, Ms,pacman, Q*bert, missile command, and Miner 2049er better to play. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :spidey: :spidey:

There was the Redemption. a masterplay interface type device that would allow you to use VCS, Sega, 7800 controllers with the 5200.

I think it stopped being made because of the lack of a good supply of 15 pin cable ends that would plug into the system

Kickstarter and a decent Chinese contractor could solve all of that.

• Like 4

I thought it was an A8 based Flashback and not a 5200 version...

I think we may both we right, though I don't think Curt publicly stated this, but word was an 800 computer in a 5200-looking case, using the FB2 controllers. So wouldn't have been a new controller.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/96312-the-case-for-the-flashback-3-and-for-legacy-engineering/

I think we may both we right, though I don't think Curt publicly stated this, but word was an 800 computer in a 5200-looking case, using the FB2 controllers. So wouldn't have been a new controller.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/96312-the-case-for-the-flashback-3-and-for-legacy-engineering/

That would've been a total Chimera then...