IGNORED

TI-99 Gram Kracker

CudaSales

Hello,

I was thinking of getting a TI-99 GRAM KRACKER but it is pricey and wanted to get opinions on what the value of these are now days in working condition.

Thanks

I haven't seen one go for sale on eBay in a while but they typically go for $300-500. WAY out of reach for me. Although I'D ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO HAVE ONE.

I couldn't afford one when I was 13 and I still can't, WTF?!?!? lol

If anyone is willing to loan or sell me theirs (working or not) I'd love to replicate it just for the heck of it.

Good luck my friend!

-Dano

• Like 1

I'd actually replicate the Wiesbaden Supermodul II first, as I already have permission to do that. The nice thing with it is that the loader doesn't really care which GRAM file format you're using--it recognizes them all and responds accordingly to load any of them successfully.

• Like 1

I'd actually replicate the Wiesbaden Supermodul II first, as I already have permission to do that. The nice thing with it is that the loader doesn't really care which GRAM file format you're using--it recognizes them all and responds accordingly to load any of them successfully.

I've never heard of this device. Do you have a link I could go to and read up on it? My boredom factor is increasing and I'm starting to look for new potential toys for my TI.

The price is about normal, as already noted. The HSGPL card, the GRAMulator, The Mechatronics GRAM Card, the P-GRAM, and the Wiesbaden Supermodul II are all devices that let you load and run GRAM files--and they are all in the $200 to $400 range when they come up for sale. . .

I've seen mention of that but never knew anything about it spec-wise. Definitely sounds interesting and the fact that you have permission is even better.

Seems like anything with Millers Graphics is under lock and key and no one can get anywhere from what I can tell. Permission would be great. Schematic would be awesome!

I actually liked the GK because of the manual switches and over-all design is second to none. Software switches are cool but not when the software 'knows better than me' and I can't over-ride it. Precisely why I hate modern OS's especially on mobile devices, lock down, lock down, lock down. Hate it. In the office, okay I get it. At home though, keep your mitts off of my decisions.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested (Jim?) in collaborating on either of these projects, I'd love to participate! I know I'm no EE but, gotta start somewhere! ;-)

Cheers!

-Dano