IGNORED

Telegames cartridge issue

WolfAmongWolves

I just acquired my first Telegames game - Quest for Quintana Roo. I had real difficulty inserting it into my 2600 (4-switch woody). It wasn't just a snug fit like some of the red box Atari games, this was like coming up against a wall. I tried different angles and had to use some force until it finally worked and I was able to play the game. However, when I removed the game there was a loud snap as a chunk of plastic from somewhere inside the cartridge broke off and I had to fish it out of the catridge slot. I thought that that might have been the problem, but since then I haven't been able to reinsert the cartridge, and I certainly don't want to damage my Atari trying.

I compared my cartridge with the cartridge scan here on AA, and it is identical, including that strange upside down end label. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a known issue with Telegames cartridges or is mine just a production error?

ok I think I figgered it out ....

the blades inside the cart open a dust door on the console ....

50KYzcq.jpg

on the telegames cart those blades enter slot at exact same time as the PCB ....

underneith is an activision cart & blades enter before PCB

ceoEyuU.jpg

wiggling from right to left is how I had success with mine

• Like 2