IGNORED

Denny's Atari Remix - weird advertising game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ewww.

it's modern, sellout, cease and desist atari.

Good to know they're putting those licenses that they fight so hard for to good use by pushing the low-rent pancake house in the motel 6 parking lot. Granted I'd probably be slightly more amused if I wasn't so good at holding grudges.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, I can see the picture.

Good job!

So, you won the cabinet and the belt?

More pictures of the cabinet would be cool.

I've been considering making a mini-cab with an old smartphone. I assume the cabinet was using some giant-ish version of an iPad or Android device.

Edited by BigO

I'll post plenty more pictures when I get the cab next week. It was running some sort of android box hooked up to a 21" monitor? It is a full size cab. I got the trip, a grand, the belt, and the cabinet! not a bad haul for being an OK centipede player.

Well, if I had entered that contest I can assure you that things would have been different . . . you would have beaten one more person.

Not sure if the pic worked, but that's the "centipup" cabinet on the left. At least atariage represented!

The belt is wicked awesome, congratulations.

Can someone explain the "centipup" name to me? I guess it's supposed to be some kind of pun or reference, but I don't know to what it refers. Are "pups" = hush puppies or something?

The belt is wicked awesome, congratulations.

Can someone explain the "centipup" name to me? I guess it's supposed to be some kind of pun or reference, but I don't know to what it refers. Are "pups" = hush puppies or something?

I had no idea either before, in fact, I hadn't eaten in a denny's for probably a decade before I wound up there before the event. They sell "pancake puppies", like sweet hushpuppies.. pretty good, but awfully filling. The centipup machine arrives today and i'm pretty excited. Likely will clone the CPU and put some version of mame in the cab as well.

• 4 years later...