IGNORED

Marketplace Responses - First Come First Serve?

Bodyshots

Is there a written law here on Atariage when posting in the Marketplace as to whom you decide to sell to?

What if 3 people posted publicly on here saying, 'pm sent' when replying to an item that is for sale.

Do you have to take the 1st person or can you skip over to number 3?

Is there a time to wait if a person doesn't reply?

Does it work on common courtesy? First to reply gets first choice?

Is the seller required to post his term for EACH and EVERY Marketplace Item he/she places up for sale? (If he doesn't then does anything fly?)

I understand there are different scenarios such as the seller may post, "Trades take 1st priority" and if no trades, then he moves to the others that may be offering $.

My first question is, what is Atariage's terms and Conditions for posting in the Marketplace, if any at all?

My second question is what is the 'Common Courtesy / Unwritten Law' about posting items for sale in the Marketplace?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions on this subject.

I think it's a very good idea to be flexible for more than a few hours as far as payment goes. Sometimes an item appears when I first get to work.. but I can't access my paypal account until I'm home at the end of the day. A flexible seller is more likely to get better feedback and return business.

I can understand this obviously to some degree. I think it's fair to the seller if someone is willing to pay a little more then his asking price. If someone is reluctant, etc..

What if 1 item is available and several people respond. There are no terms or conditions posted. What if 2 or 3 people all pay for that 1 item at the same time coincidentally. Should the seller keep the money and say, "You will be contacted at a time when another becomes available" Or, should a refund be issued? I have my opinion on all of these questions, as to what is proper ethics, but I'm very interested in hearing from others on Atariage regarding this.

What if 1 item is available and several people respond. There are no terms or conditions posted. What if 2 or 3 people all pay for that 1 item at the same time coincidentally. Should the seller keep the money and say, "You will be contacted at a time when another becomes available" Or, should a refund be issued? I have my opinion on all of these questions, as to what is proper ethics, but I'm very interested in hearing from others on Atariage regarding this.

Wait - what? Why would you accept money from 2 or 3 people for only one item available?

You're starting to tick me off OP!

• Like 1

… I understand as you read this, your reluctancy to answer as you poise questions to yourself as to how or whom this might pertain to.

Let me assure you that I would not ever speak badly about a seller on here, whether they are a new seller, a long time seller or a friend of someone on here. I would merely stick to the facts and never unnecessarily 'flame' someone.

I'm merely trying to gauge some kind of consistency when selling or buying within Atariage's marketplace.

And yes, some of these questions (or none at all) may or may not pertain to me.

What if 2 or 3 people all pay for that 1 item at the same time coincidentally. Should the seller keep the money and say, "You will be contacted at a time when another becomes available" Or, should a refund be issued?

(Potential) Buyer should not be sending any money until seller confirms with that buyer that the item is theirs and to please send Paypal (or whatever agreed upon) payment terms. Personally, I would not draw my own conclusions or presume anything was mine until confirmed with the seller by a direct message from that seller.

If buyer(s) just send(s) money presuming the item is theirs - that's pretty silly, to put it mildly. Good luck with that scenario ;)

A seller should not be in a position where they sold (meaning direct confirmation with different individuals) the same item to 2-3 people. In that case, personally, I would refund the money; but would not be in that position.

• Like 3

I never post my paypal address in the listing.

As I would do too! I would even be reluctant to do so if I was the seller and a new buyer with a low number of posts was to inquire. If there was more then 1 person pm'ing me, I would more then likely skip to the next person inquiring about what I had for sale.

I always go with first PM then second, etc..

I'm not disagreeing with that. To me this is an obvious 'common courtesy' type of thing. I love the camaraderie within Atariage and how to me it's an outlet to sell items outside of 'FeeBay' The easier it is for a seller to sell on Atariage is a win win for all of us. (And there are some GREAT people on here offering amazing services that would not normally be obtained)

Hopefully not all replies will be as to the order in which one would sell on Atariage, but I appreciate hearing your input!

While I am currently under the impression that there are no solid Rules when selling on Atariage, I believe this topic is justified for those that do view this post to get a general idea, (including me) of what the majority of people on Atariage would like to see, or expect and be comfortable with, when buying or selling on Atariage.

As I would do too! I would even be reluctant to do so if I was the seller and a new buyer with a low number of posts was to inquire. If there was more then 1 person pm'ing me, I would more then likely skip to the next person inquiring about what I had for sale.

With that logic and the fact that you only signed up in May, I shouldn't sell anything to you.

• Like 7

There is always.....

The Backin89 Marketplace Sales System:

Former AA member Backin89 seemed to have a really good system...

1.) first come, first serve...

2.) get paid and ship nothing!

In the end, everyone helped out a poor dude and

his kid must have finally been able to get her very own Hello Kitty bike.

The End!

:P

• Like 5

With that logic and the fact that you only signed up in May, I shouldn't sell anything to you.

Post count and registration is relative to some people. ;)

Hypothetically stating (of course)...I was a potential buyer who saw a thread for, I don't know....let's say a modded console, and I was under the impression that I'm second in line with 80-90 posts, registered in May, and the someone prior to me PM'ed the seller with only 10-20 posts, registered in June...

Naturally, I want the seller to overlook that low-post newly registered buyer's PM, but welcome my super high 80-90 post count PM with my ancient registration from all the way in May. :evil:

Imagine if the 80-90 post (potential) buyer sent PayPal to the seller without confirmation :-o

Makes sense, doesn't it? :grin:

Again, all the above - strictly hypothetical.

• Like 3

Post count and registration is relative to some people. ;)

Hypothetically stating (of course)...I was a potential buyer who saw a thread for, I don't know....let's say a modded console, and I was under the impression that I'm second in line with 80-90 posts, registered in May, and the someone prior to me PM'ed the seller with only 10-20 posts, registered in June...

Naturally, I want the seller to overlook that low-post newly registered buyer's PM, but welcome my super high 80-90 post count PM with my ancient registration from all the way in May. :evil:

Imagine if the 80-90 post (potential) buyer sent PayPal to the seller without confirmation :-o

Makes sense, doesn't it? :grin:

Again, all the above - strictly hypothetical.

I see what you did there…. but! That is NOT the hypothetical occurrence based on amount of posts made.

Amount of posts made is another subject I commented on towards the user 'eebuckeye', based on what I would do as a new person on Atariage who is becoming familiar with the community.

That aside, I genuinely would like to know your opinions, based on my questions in my first couple of posts on page 1.

My apologies if I made a 'play on words' and implied other thoughts of my own, knowing that others here can 'view my previous posts' and possibly assume what I was getting at.

I intend to sell, trade and buy on here and hope these forums will continue to see it fit for myself. I've learned a lot on all topics and feel at this time Atariage is the best place for me to learn, based on some of my hobbies and interests.

I only occasionally sell items, but I've always responded in order of PMs and give a reasonable amount of time for payment. If the first person says, "can you hold this item for 2 weeks until I get paid?" The answer is no, but a day or so is fine. Not sure what kind of shady seller would accept payments from multiple people, keep the money and tell them they'll send the item when they get another one. That'd be an instant PayPal dispute.

• Like 2

I only have one piece of advice. Assuming you get several offers, don't try to start a bidding war. I've had sellers do that. I'd get vague responses like "other people were interested as well, can you tell me how much shipping you'd be willing to pay" at which point I tell them to get stuffed.