IGNORED

48K squeezed into a 32K cart

Wrathchild

I've been sat on this for too long now, the intention being to get some artwork done for a label (but I'm no artist!) so here is the binary image for you to enjoy in whatever form you like, emulation, MultiCart or get Albert to make you one :)

The title this time is 'Speed Ace' from Zeppelin which I certainly enjoyed when it came out.

Its been tried out by a small group on real h/w and feedback is that its working fine, the 1-second counter has been altered to use 60Hz for NTSC instead of the original 50Hz for PAL.

Have fun!

Mark

SpeedAce5200Release1.zip

• Like 4

Previously:

"The title this time is 'Speed Ace' from Zeppelin which I certainly enjoyed when it came out."

Never could understand why the linked website always has pictures of the title page when people like me would rather see pictures of the gameplay.

Previously:

"The title this time is 'Speed Ace' from Zeppelin which I certainly enjoyed when it came out."

Never could understand why the linked website always has pictures of the title page when people like me would rather see pictures of the gameplay.

just click the "atari arrows" to the left and right of the screenshot and you'll see more. Baffled me for awhile too.

Why squeeze it down to 32K? I thought from that Rolltris thread that it's possible for AA to do 64K carts for the 5200...

Who said that? Last time I checked, Al is using my 5200 PCB's, which are 32K only.

Who said that? Last time I checked, Al is using my 5200 PCB's, which are 32K only.

Pseudografx said this:

Project update: We are now considering the possibility to put both Thetris and Rolltris in a single 64KB cart. According to Albert, this should be easy enough to produce so it seems that this might be our final decision if we opt for making the cart. Moreover, the price for a single 64K cart would be much lower than the price for two 32K carts.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225130-rolltris-and-thetris-for-sale-on-carts/

Pseudografx said this:

Project update: We are now considering the possibility to put both Thetris and Rolltris in a single 64KB cart. According to Albert, this should be easy enough to produce so it seems that this might be our final decision if we opt for making the cart. Moreover, the price for a single 64K cart would be much lower than the price for two 32K carts.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225130-rolltris-and-thetris-for-sale-on-carts/

32K carts are easier to produce, but I can also do larger games.

I'd love to see someone create a nice label for Speed Ace! I'd be happy to make cartridges of this game if anyone is interested.

..Al

• Like 1