IGNORED

coleco adam floppy drive

soviet

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RGDiRocco said:

Let me update my inventory and maybe ill sell any duplicate I have. Still unpacking :)

18 hours ago, rietveld said:

there would be alot of adam's online 

I count 13 interface cards with Serial Port(s), one of which is part of a HD interface card.

The interesting one is the HiTek interface which connects to the side expansion bus seeing as it has a pass thru edge connector for connecting other external devices such as the Opcode SGM without the need for a multi-unit ribbon cable. Would be interesting to hear if it’s in working condition and if it provides 1 Serial and 1 Parallel port or 2 Serial ports... hard to tell from the pic. I heard of these cards BITD, but never saw one.

23 hours ago, RGDiRocco said:

It is in working condition and its manual is on the attached link:

http://diroccovision.com/Coleco/adam/

Have you ever used the SayGame SGM Module by Juice on the ADAM? Just wondering if he configured it to use the port address and access for the Speech Synth (same speech synth chip used) to be compatible with the EVE SS-CC. If so, ADAM programs would work with the Speech Synth like AdamTalk, Chess Champ, PowerPaint and the EVE drivers.

I supplied Juice with all the tech info that I had on the EVE SS-CC so it’s possible... just never followed up for obvious reasons.

Edited by NIAD

I have not used the SayGame SGM Module. Just one of those things I purchased for my collection. When I get everything unpacked and running I will give it a try and let you know. I was challenged that I don't really have all those cards pictured, so Im gonna try to get most of them in one photo except those inside the VD-MB and the Powermate.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, AdamO said:

Hello...anyone know where I can find an Adam 5 1/4 floppy drive?  thanks an advance. 

i am surprised that none of the hardware guys here have cloned the adam floppy controller board.   If someone made a custom controller board we could hook up our own drive or even a Gotek and house it in a small external drive case.

just thinking out loud

Edited by rietveld

3 hours ago, rietveld said:

i am surprised that none of the hardware guys here have cloned the adam floppy controller board.   If someone made a custom controller board we could hook up our own drive or even a Gotek and house it in a small external drive case.

just thinking out loud

Using an Arduino is the way to go as evidenced by the ADE by Sean Myers and I assume the VDD by MicroFox.

With the information provided by Sean on building an ADE, one should be able to “fork” that project into numerous other drive options.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, NIAD said:

Using an Arduino is the way to go as evidenced by the ADE by Sean Myers and I assume the VDD by MicroFox.

With the information provided by Sean on building an ADE, one should be able to “fork” that project into numerous other drive options.

Well, I love the Coleco / Adam, but my overall knowledge of the 'nuts and bolts' is limited. I am retired, so have time to try and learn. I would most likely end up using a 'spoon' instead of a 'fork'. :)  enthusiast

I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night and felt ready to browse the Arduino website this morning and made my first purchase.  https://store.arduino.cc/usa/beanie  

• Like 1