IGNORED

Paddle controller question

JefferysGhost

Ahh! Thanks Acousticguitar, it looks like the paddle controllers have a picture if a tennis racket on them and have two controllers to one plug.

The driving controller says "driving" on them and has a picture if a race car.

There's a driving controller for sale on eBay with Night Driver. If I buy that combo, can I use the same controller for Super Breakout?

Driving Controllers cannot be used in place of Paddle Controllers, they are electronically different.

Indy 500 is the only original game that worked with the Driving Controller. I know I was disappointed about that as a kid.

Some homebrew games do work with it, and a few original games have been hacked to use it:

There may be others.

Edited by SpiceWare
  • Like 1

Driving Controllers cannot be used in place of Paddle Controllers, they are electronically different.

Indy 500 is the only original game that worked with the Driving Controller. I know I was disappointed about that as a kid.

Some homebrew games do work with it, and a few original games have been hacked to use it:

There may be others.

I didn't know this! I might have to look in to those games. Good post! (Mind you I never searched for it. It was however in the back of my mind.)

I find the driving controllers with the all metal insides, more reliable and accurate (after a good cleaning) as opposed to the driving controllers with the plastic case and disc inside.

Anyone else notice this also?

There may be others.

E.g. Thrust+ :)

Yes, the game is designed so that the DC controller should be used together with a foot pedal.

Theoretically a joystick would work too. But then we only have two hands. :)

Hey are you the AUTHOR of this game? I guess i can trust your information on the subject then. :)

I have Thrust for Vectrex and it's a lot of fun. .. I'll definitely try your 2600 version at some point. I'm a big fan of steer and thrust controls. There's plenty of them on Vectrex but i haven't found any that feel right on 2600 yet. I was hoping the driving controller might remedy that.