IGNORED

Adventures with the Atari by Jack Hardy

Allan

Thanks, Garry.

So here is the latest versions with corrected Halls of Death, Black Beard's Treasure and Mad Bomber. Time Crime mostly works with a small bug that doesn't allow you to enter a certain part. The game is still playable and you can still complete it. The others I still have to test and debug.

Allan

Adventures_With_The_Atari 2.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks, Garry.

So here is the latest versions with corrected Halls of Death, Black Beard's Treasure and Mad Bomber. Time Crime mostly works with a small bug that doesn't allow you to enter a certain part. The game is still playable and you can still complete it. The others I still have to test and debug.

Allan

where exactly are we on this? I was transported back to 2015 when someone mentioned jack hardy in another conversation. Sure hope no one mentions Doug or I'll end up playing VCS games...

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2015 at 5:53 PM, Allan said:

I'm struggling finding the bugs in The Hunter. If somebody wants to give a go at trying to find the bugs that would be a great help. I started in on Halls of Death and have typed in about five pages out of the fifteen. This is a long one. I also noticed that Mad Bomber is corrupted. I think this happened when my IDEPlus card became corrupted. I have it on an old floppy. Hopefully I can find it again and replace it. Here's the latest copy.

Allan

Adventures_With_The_Atari_Disk_1.atr 130.02 kB · 82 downloads

Adventures_With_The_Atari_Disk_2.atr 130.02 kB · 81 downloads

Hi Allan,

I recently played around with "The Hunter" and I found a typo in line 1300. It should be "FOR I=0 TO 15" and not "FOR I=0 TO 7".

Small typo but big difference in appearance ;)

hunter_corrupted.png

hunter_corrected.png

The_Hunter_corrected.zip

• Like 5

This is just a little off-topic, but I was looking at Mr. Bacardi's web site last night. This is a really valuable resource. I have two questions for you:

1. Is it possible for you to identify the type of program, e.g. arcade game, puzzle, demo, tutorial, utility etc. or to provide screen grabs of each program? I'm only interested in the text adventures. If there's any German text adventures, I'd like to translate them to English.
  2. Are you interested in type-ins from non-German books and magazines? There are heaps out there, but they're hard to find, as they're not all stored in one place. I have lots of type-in text adventures that I can contribute. Alternatively, maybe you could provide links to other sites with Atari type-ins.

Hi Garry,

for 1. I'm afraid I cannot support. :(

For 2. I'm open to any Atari related listing and it doesn't require to be german language! Of course it's easier for me to do small corrections in english or german listings. Unfortunately I don't have much free time, so updates take a while...

For 2, I'll check what's out there and send you any type-ins that I've got that aren't generally available on the mainstream download sites. However, don't hold your breath waiting, as I'm pretty busy with other projects at the moment. ?