IGNORED

it's not right

TI-Sissy

Actually, there is a really nice recipe program out there from Asgard if you're into cooking. It's called Recipe Writer and it shows up on auctions from mdude quite regularly. It also has two expansion packs with a bunch of ready-made recipes. That of course assumes that you like to cook (I do, but then I'm a guy, so I don't fit into your demographic).

Marc Hull's SID Master is great if you're into lots of computer-generated music, so there's another one of those nice things that is cross-gender. It does require a PEB though. . .

Actually, there is a really nice recipe program out there from Asgard if you're into cooking. It's called Recipe Writer and it shows up on auctions from mdude quite regularly. It also has two expansion packs with a bunch of ready-made recipes. That of course assumes that you like to cook (I do, but then I'm a guy, so I don't fit into your demographic).

Marc Hull's SID Master is great if you're into lots of computer-generated music, so there's another one of those nice things that is cross-gender. It does require a PEB though. . .

this sid looks nice, but I don't have a peb. the cooking programs sound nice, but again no peb.

i was just looking for ti stuff and found this

http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/ti-manic-miner-in-forth-on-the-ti-99-4a-video-MgTDyBcOW0g-33434-1.html

click on the ti gallery next to it, it's not what u think.

• Like 1

Hey my little store: http://www.cafepress.com/TIandGeneveStuff

for the rest :)

Edited by arcadeshopper

I do not believe that they are currently active with their TIs, but here are a few names of women who made their mark in the community.

Cheryl Whitelaw (aka C. Regena) wrote many books and programs for 99er, Compute! and MICROpendium magazine. When I first developed an interest in TI programming Regena's book, 'Programmer's Reference Guide to the TI-99/4A' (Compute!) was always by my side.

Mickey Cendrowski had an interest in adventure games, produced a catalog of such games, and wrote some other TI programs.

Both were inducted in the TI99er Hall of Fame. Go read their biographies. www.ti99hof.org/

There are still a few other women who periodically post comments here and on the Yahoo groups.

Jacques

• Like 1

Fascinating I started with a TI in January of 1983 and taught Assembly Language Courses in 1986 before switching to GPL in 1989.

On many sites it is like I never existed?

I can see how the Women feel.

I remember a couple of Women at the P.U.N.N. groups including a young girl that was crazy about PASCAL on the TI.

Fascinating I started with a TI in January of 1983 and taught Assembly Language Courses in 1986 before switching to GPL in 1989.

On many sites it is like I never existed?

Yeah it is sad. You should have more of 'name' in the TI99 world, only a few times MicroPendium mentioned you.

Build a Time Machine using a TI and go back and kick their ass.

Back on topic, I went to alot of fairs when they were popular back in the day, and been to alot of user group monthly meetings, there was always at least one or two female members and more so at fairs, but sadly they don't get much credit over the decades either.

But that is same with most 'home computer' and 'video gaming' console eras of time, even today in today's video gaming age of X360 and PS3, women online playing games are attack sadly by men gaming, it is very sick.

• Like 2

By the Way, I say we should start a 'fund' and make sure TI-Sissy gets a NanoPEB packed with bunch of programs on CF, so she can better enjoy her TI99 setup.

TI Sissy is also going to get a free XB 2.7 Suite cart. :)

Gazoo

Yeah it is sad. You should have more of 'name' in the TI99 world, only a few times MicroPendium mentioned you.

Build a Time Machine using a TI and go back and kick their ass.

Back on topic, I went to alot of fairs when they were popular back in the day, and been to alot of user group monthly meetings, there was always at least one or two female members and more so at fairs, but sadly they don't get much credit over the decades either.

But that is same with most 'home computer' and 'video gaming' console eras of time, even today in today's video gaming age of X360 and PS3, women online playing games are attack sadly by men gaming, it is very sick.

I remember seeing you at a Lima Faire, Gary. You had a slideshow running at your table with your open console with a TIM. I had no clue what it was at the time, but I remember it looked cool. :)

Gazoo

One of the first computer books I read in my school library was written by C. Regena. I cannot for the life of me remember what the title was, but it got into some nitty-gritty details of electronics and programming.

The book that I mentioned back in message 9 of this topic "Programmer's Reference Guide to the TI-99/4A' (Compute!)" might be the book you are thinking of. A copy of the book is in Ernie's book archive.

Jacques

This was a very general book. I am going to look through and see if I can find what it was.

By the Way, I say we should start a 'fund' and make sure TI-Sissy gets a NanoPEB packed with bunch of programs on CF, so she can better enjoy her TI99 setup.

TI Sissy is also going to get a free XB 2.7 Suite cart. :)

Gazoo

you guys are real nice but i already have a nano. i have xb too. i don't program so i don't need that 2.7 thingy. thank you for thinking of me. :-D the recipe program sounds nice. if u post it here i'll downoad it.

you guys are real nice but i already have a nano. i have xb too. i don't program so i don't need that 2.7 thingy. thank you for thinking of me. :-D the recipe program sounds nice. if u post it here i'll downoad it.

Ti-Sissy,

Accept that Nano, and then donate whatever one you don't want to me. :) Just Kidding.

I still have not seen one listed on Ebay.. Just CF7s

Ask and you shall receive. I have attached a TI-Basic listing of the Cookie File program listed on page 241 of the Compute! book by C. Regena titled Programmer's Reference Guide to the TI-99/4A. This book is on the archived site of TI books.

Since I did not want to have all the fun I left a few sections in the program which you may have to debug. The program runs as is but I have tested only the DATA for one or two cookie recipes. Those recipes I did not test may or may not contain errors.

The steps that I followed to create the attached file were:

1 - Copied program listing from the pdf copy of the book to Notepad. This step will create some errors because some font is misread. Things like L for I, O for 0, and characters created by the holes where the coiled binding resides. I tried to correct these as they happened.

2 - I then transferred the Notepad file to my TI using Bruce Harrison's TRAN1 program on the TI side and the Old Terminal program on the PC side. There are many ways of doing this transfer, this just happens to be what I did.

3 - At this point the listing contains one major problem. Many lines contain semi-colons which should be separated by spaces because TI-Basic will not recognize "::". Using Replace String in the Program Editor of Funnelweb I replaced each : with :;. The character ; is ignored but acts as a space character.

4 - In order to create a TI-Basic program I ran the TEXTLOADER program and entered CALL LINK("OLD","DSK1.COOKIES/B"). There are other ways of doing this conversion but this is what I did. I ran the program and started the process of correcting the many errors in the transferred notepad file.

The attached file was created by using MagicFM and contains a TIFILES header.

Some of those recipes sound pretty good.

Have Fun,

Jacques

cookies.txt

• Like 2

Ask and you shall receive. I have attached a TI-Basic listing of the Cookie File program listed on page 241 of the Compute! book by C. Regena titled Programmer's Reference Guide to the TI-99/4A. This book is on the archived site of TI books.

Since I did not want to have all the fun I left a few sections in the program which you may have to debug. The program runs as is but I have tested only the DATA for one or two cookie recipes. Those recipes I did not test may or may not contain errors.

The steps that I followed to create the attached file were:

1 - Copied program listing from the pdf copy of the book to Notepad. This step will create some errors because some font is misread. Things like L for I, O for 0, and characters created by the holes where the coiled binding resides. I tried to correct these as they happened.

2 - I then transferred the Notepad file to my TI using Bruce Harrison's TRAN1 program on the TI side and the Old Terminal program on the PC side. There are many ways of doing this transfer, this just happens to be what I did.

3 - At this point the listing contains one major problem. Many lines contain semi-colons which should be separated by spaces because TI-Basic will not recognize "::". Using Replace String in the Program Editor of Funnelweb I replaced each : with :;. The character ; is ignored but acts as a space character.

4 - In order to create a TI-Basic program I ran the TEXTLOADER program and entered CALL LINK("OLD","DSK1.COOKIES/B"). There are other ways of doing this conversion but this is what I did. I ran the program and started the process of correcting the many errors in the transferred notepad file.

The attached file was created by using MagicFM and contains a TIFILES header.

Some of those recipes sound pretty good.

Have Fun,

Jacques

you went to a lot of work. thank you! :) i will chek it out.