IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Season 2 sign-up thread

zylon

Here's where to sign up for the OE season, though anyone can play. All signed-up players may nominate 2 games for use in the polls for each of the rounds. Games must be real releases from the lifetime of the 5200- No conversions, protos, or homebrews. All will be played on default settings unless a variation is selected when nominated.

Season will be 7 1-week rounds and run after the conclusion of the regular HSC.

Requirements: real 5200 system- 2 or 4 port: power and video mods allowed

: Only CX-52 sticks or 5200 trackball controls allowed

: Multi-carts allowed- this is the only exception- original carts are, of course, best choice.

: Controls must be in stock form- ie: no mods or custom improvements

Players/games 1-2:

zylon- River Raid-Mario bros.

darthkur- Miner 2049'er-Wizard Of Wor

MrBubble- Super Breakout (cavity)-Kaboom!

ReflectionAngle- Pacman- Centipede

Star castler- Berzerk- Missile Command

JacobZu7zu7- Qix- Jungle hunt(easy)

Aking- Super Breakout-Dig Dug

sdamon- Space Dungeon- Defender (hard)

Edited by zylon

I'll play (of course ;) ) and start off..

River Raid and Mario Bros.

River Raid benefits in level of control on the 5200 and Mario is actually a bit tougher on the 5200 because of the controls.

Edited by zylon

I'm in, and I'll vote for Super Breakout (cavity variation) and Kabaoom! (default settings).

I'll pen you in on those, but remember; they must be played with stock controls. No homemade or modded anything, even if made of all Atari parts like my custom paddles.

I love those 2 games, but just want you to make an informed choice. :)

I'll pen you in on those, but remember; they must be played with stock controls. No homemade or modded anything, even if made of all Atari parts like my custom paddles.

I love those 2 games, but just want you to make an informed choice. :)

Yep, I understand. Part of the interest for me is the fact that it would NOT be with paddles, and Super Breakout takes you right back to the console's release and all the hopes and dreams :-) Just think of all the people ripping open the box and firing up Super Breakout! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been spending a lot of time working on a Raspberry Pi emulator. The Atari 2600 and MAME "consoles" are up and running. Unfortunately, there's no Atari 5200 emulator for the Raspberry Pi, so I'll throw my hat into the OE competition!

Now the hard question. Games?

1) Pac-Man

2) Tempest

Sorry, but Tempest is not eligible for OE play. Please pick a regular release for the menu. :)

Get me in here! Kaboom! and Berzerk are my games.

Kaboom! is already on the menu. Please add another title. :)

• 3 months later...

OE season 2 nominations are closed. Anyone can still join in and play (with real hardware) for the season, or even just a game or two. :)

Participation was great in our 1st season of the only OE HSC on AA. Hopefully it continues to grow. :)