IGNORED

Myarc XBII ('Advanced BASIC') Tips and Tricks

RobertLM78

This isn't well documented (i.e., documentation on this exists, but not in the main manual), but you can actually load an ABASIC program from MDOS.

For Example, at the DOS prompt or in a batch file:

E:\ABASIC.ABASIC1 HDS1.PROGRAM.PATH.BASPRO

Will start ABASIC then load the program BASPRO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That one's actually the Myarc Extended BASIC II software for use with the regular TI and a Myarc 128K (or 256K/512K) memory card. It has a few bugs, but is not a bad BASIC dialect at all. ABASIC is a further development that was used only for the Geneve9640 (and early purchasers of the Geneve got a mutant version of the Myarc Extended BASIC instead of ABASIC, but that version supported 80 columns, unlike the version for the TI).

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 7/30/2014 at 1:42 AM, mizapf said:

I just uploaded the Advanced Basic manual on WHTech. Use our Geneve home page to get it: http://ftp.whtech.com/info/geneve.html

I scanned the pages with 300dpi, but this would have created a 150 MiB PDF file, so I resized all pages to 150 dpi before creating the PDF. Praised be ImageMagick.

I still retain the 300dpi files; maybe I can do a OCR on them later.

I have tried to start ABASIC but it didn´t want to, by typing "ABASIC1" at the command prompt of MDOS 6.50,

it just gave me nothing but a "1". On my long way through the manual now I saw, that my manual from WHT has an empty page 228,

while another manual has the "ADVANCED BASIC LOADING OPTIONS" there.

For Desperados on the search like me, here is a quick shot of a part of that page, how to start ABASIC:

grafik.thumb.png.248b0666266bcb5d0f454993324811e0.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schmitzi said:

I have tried to start ABASIC but it didn´t want to, by typing "ABASIC1" at the command prompt of MDOS 6.50,

it just gave me nothing but a "1". On my long way through the manual now I saw, that my manual from WHT has an empty page 228,

while another manual has the "ADVANCED BASIC LOADING OPTIONS" there.

For Desperados on the search like me, here is a quick shot of a part of that page, how to start ABASIC:

grafik.thumb.png.248b0666266bcb5d0f454993324811e0.png

Likely, if you are having problems loading ABASIC, at the MDOS prompt type the "&" key by itself.  That will allow you to recover additional memory as I suspect you do not have enough free memory to run ABASIC1 (V4.06) with your current configuration.

With ABASIC 4.06, I would never use the wild card character "*" to load a program.  I tested it, and fortunately no issue.

To my knowledge, ABASIC does not set a default path at the command line, so disregard those statements.  I would suggest you download the ABASIC manual from www.9640news.com.

Now, you can load a program from the command line such as:

ABASIC1 E:\FILENAME

ABASIC1 HDS1.SUBDIR1.FILENAME

ABASIC1 FILENAME  (assumes FILENAME is at current path you have at your MDOS prompt).

Hope this helps.

Beery

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

What version ABASIC is he running?  I seem to recall you fixed one or more memory reporting problems in the latest release?

yes I just saw on the other Geneve (PFM) where it starts, that this is an old version (3.00 is shown)

Don´t know why my copy command didn´t work last days (no error was shown)

now I copied 4.06 over again and it starts with ABASIC1 on the Standard Geneve too

thx

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Where is A basic the application? 

www.9640News, as well as in a fairly recent topic here in the forum via the Github files.  Search for "4.06" if looking for it on the forum or go to:

MyBasic 4.05 Docs-Program-Src - TI-99/4A Development - AtariAge Forums   Message #20.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

I couldn't get it to load either. (From MDOS) typing ABASIC1.

Hi, which MDOS version do you use ? What´s the response, is there any output ? Did you try     ABASIC *

Did you download the latest 4.06 that Beery provided here some weeks ago ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GDMike said:

I couldn't get it to load either. (From MDOS) typing ABASIC1.

Please realize you need the files ABASIC1, ABASIC2, ABASIC3, and ABASIC4.  I think it is 4 files.

If it does not load from the MDOS prompt, then you have too much memory reserved for other things such as TIMODE and/or RAMDISK in your AUTOEXEC file.

Beery

• Like 2

Yes, I tried loading from MDOS, (all files sequencial), and there is nothing in my autoexec Except for my mouse.

I can't remember now what happened, but it didn't load is all I remember then I pulled the plug on Geneve and switched back to tipi,SAMs and the/4A.

Those were the files I DL'd from @Beerys site.

Edited by GDMike