IGNORED

Telegames 7800 Super Deluxe Joystick

Trebor

As highlighted here and to pick up on what was first mentioned in this thread posting, I recently acquired one of these controllers and wanted to offer up my findings and brief review.

First and foremost, the controller is not only "Quick Fire" when the switch is in the "on" position, it is also continuous. If you hold down the (wired for 7800 two independent functioning) fire buttons, the controller will continue firing as if you were smashing the original Atari 7800 joystick buttons in a non-stop fast action pace.

Although not in possession of one, it is presumed the no longer manufactured Best Joystick CX34 (Thanks, Mitch) works in the same manner. The only difference between the two, is likely just the label of "Quick" for the Telegames controller, and "Auto" for the Best controller, concerning the buttons functionality switch.

The joystick 'moves less digital' than the original 7800 joysticks and reminiscent of the NES Advantage joystick movement (Almost analogue-ish); however, it certainly does not behave that way in action while playing. It has quick accurate response, even under some of the most trying conditions of a fast-speed Ms. Pac-Man game. The downside is the joystick shaft appears as long as the original, so a similar amount of torque is present. The other item worth mentioning is the plastics utilized feels a tad bit less solid than the stock controllers. The base of the controller wrapped in my palm did not feel as 'thick' as the original 7800 joysticks.

Regardless, despite hand positioning being the same to the original 7800 joystick controllers, the quick fire feature is a huge plus in reducing fatigue for games requiring constant button pressing. Those interested in such a feature while wanting to retain a similar stock/original controller design of the NTSC 7800 system, this may be the controller for you. It is also worth mentioning the buttons themselves are mounted and work better than the stock 7800 joystick even with the quick fire feature turned off.

post-18-0-18250800-1404915768_thumb.pngpost-18-0-64248100-1404915769_thumb.png

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks didn't realize this thread existed. I saw some on amazon but its gone now. I can't find it. Except this. Is this the same thing? And is that too much of one?

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600-Joystick-Controller-Design/dp/B00NE534KG/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1416180768&sr=8-32&keywords=atari+joystick

Negative. That is the 2600 version - No two independent fire buttons.

Correct. Similar pictures in O.P. ;)

Price is ridiculous though, IMHO $56.99 (+possible tax and shipping ($5.99)) is way too much.

• 5 years later...