IGNORED

Dina Telegames Personal Arcade Questions

scalpel

Sorry if someone already gave the answers but I just bought a Dina from a French guy and I didn't know this unit was sold in France, do you have some information about it ?

Second question, I can't test it because I don't have the video cable, do you know what I need to test it ?

Thanks !

post-32817-0-19010200-1404944109_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-47189600-1404944110_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-83058000-1404944111_thumb.jpg

I have one that works right here.

Just hook up the same cable that you use for your intellivision or colecovision

1 Thing It works on a different channel. Probably channel 2 or 3 from what your other system runs on. Other than that you are good to go.

It runs colecovision games well, although some homebrews the cartridge doesn't make sufficient contact to run. It also runs sg1000 carts and I have a sega card catcher with mine and it can run sega my cards.

You got the power supply , Better check that. If you got it from france it might be 220v and now 110 and won't work.... I just looked at your pics looks ok, dual voltage. The power supply is the most difficult part. I had to make my own.

• Like 1

Just use the RF Cable and RF Switchbox you use with other retro system like the ColecoVision although I would not bother with the RF Switchbox and just use an RF-to-Coaxial Adapter. As far as the channel that you have to set your TV too, the TeleGames Personal Arcade (which is actually the Dina 2-in-1) requires that the channel be set to 13 here in the States. I'm have no idea if this holds true for you since you are in France, but channels 2, 3, 4 and 13 would be the first channels I would try.

• Like 1

All I know about this system is from the FAQ http://www.colecoboxart.com/faq/FAQ02.htm#c35

I have one that works right here.

Just hook up the same cable that you use for your intellivision or colecovision

1 Thing It works on a different channel. Probably channel 2 or 3 from what your other system runs on. Other than that you are good to go.

It runs colecovision games well, although some homebrews the cartridge doesn't make sufficient contact to run. It also runs sg1000 carts and I have a sega card catcher with mine and it can run sega my cards.

You got the power supply , Better check that. If you got it from france it might be 220v and now 110 and won't work.... I just looked at your pics looks ok, dual voltage. The power supply is the most difficult part. I had to make my own.

Just use the RF Cable and RF Switchbox you use with other retro system like the ColecoVision although I would not bother with the RF Switchbox and just use an RF-to-Coaxial Adapter. As far as the channel that you have to set your TV too, the TeleGames Personal Arcade (which is actually the Dina 2-in-1) requires that the channel be set to 13 here in the States. I'm have no idea if this holds true for you since you are in France, but channels 2, 3, 4 and 13 would be the first channels I would try.

All good advice so far. Find attached a copy of the card that came with the DINA 2-in-1 which you can use for reference.

Troy

Merci ! Thank you guys, I will try :)

You can use a normal french intellivision cable and don't need rf or else ;) and check the normal UHF VHF CANAL 36, Trust me, i'm french....and congrats for your fiend on Le Bon Coin, i've seen that one but i already have one boxed !

This one is the Telegames one, and it was sold in some Europeans country in the 90's, and some guys imported in France in few copies via their webshop in the late 90's (where i found mine in 2001 or 2002) ;)

You can use a normal french intellivision cable and don't need rf or else ;) and check the normal UHF VHF CANAL 36, Trust me, i'm french....and congrats for your fiend on Le Bon Coin, i've seen that one but i already have one boxed !

This one is the Telegames one, and it was sold in some Europeans country in the 90's, and some guys imported in France in few copies via their webshop in the late 90's (where i found mine in 2001 or 2002) ;)

Thanks for this answer and information :)

Actually, it was the very first time I saw one in France. Lucky you to have it boxed !

I will try with a french intellivision cable. How could you find the Canal 36 with a new flat TV ? I use a Intellivision Scart Version to play.

• 4 months later...

Hey found this Dina Game System thread and just wanted to say another Dina owner!

After getting the Coleco Flashback I started listening to the Coleco podpast and listened to the one episode of Space Fury. They were talking about the Dina at one point and that most of them had never seen or played one.

Got me curious, so I pulled out my Dina system which I never could get working right. Thanks to more modern LCD screens with ways of tweaking sound and all I was able to get it working perfectly. Or at least good enough for a clean picture and sound. :D

Love it. My question now, aside from the 61 Flashback games (Dollar General version) and Donkey Kong, Mr. Do, Cosmic Avenger, and Frogger (and a few others) that I have in cartridge form, what other games would you suggest me hunting down?

And open to suggestions on SG-1000 games. Any idea if SG-1000-II games work on the SG-1000 systems?

So basically me introducing myself now as a ColecoVision gamer offiicially thanks to the Flashback and PodCast. :D

• Like 1

Love it. My question now, aside from the 61 Flashback games (Dollar General version) and Donkey Kong, Mr. Do, Cosmic Avenger, and Frogger (and a few others) that I have in cartridge form, what other games would you suggest me hunting down?

Mr. Do! / Popeye ! / Q*Bert / Pitfall .

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

the sg 1000 slot will also work with a sega my card adapter. I only have 3 sg-1000 games for mine, lode runner, bank panic and penguin land. all excellent ,bank panic is available from pixelboy as a regular colecovision release. lode runner & penguinland is available from collectorvision as a colecovision cart. not sure if its based on the sg-1000 version or not.

lode runner & penguinland is available from collectorvision as a colecovision cart. not sure if its based on the sg-1000 version or not.

Penguin Land is indeed a port of the SG-1000 version. As for Lode Runner, the "old" homebrew was a port of the SG-1000 version, and the newer version published by CollectorVision is also based on the SG-1000 version, but was heavily modified.

the sg 1000 slot will also work with a sega my card adapter. I only have 3 sg-1000 games for mine, lode runner, bank panic and penguin land. all excellent ,bank panic is available from pixelboy as a regular colecovision release. lode runner & penguinland is available from collectorvision as a colecovision cart. not sure if its based on the sg-1000 version or not.

All interesting. So my first question is what is a Sega "My card adaptor"? Does that allow Sega Master System Games?

Lode Runner I'm familiar with. Probably should play it more. What is Bank Panic?

Google works for me frequently, I like to hear from humans too and their experiences.

Would also love to hear more of this sega adaptor card and what it makes possible?

The YouTube video I linked above is my own video so you will hear my opinion throughout. I haven't played bank panic a lot. It's not my favorite colecovision game but it's ok. I think it would be a better game if you used a lightgun.

The YouTube video I linked above is my own video so you will hear my opinion throughout. I haven't played bank panic a lot. It's not my favorite colecovision game but it's ok. I think it would be a better game if you used a lightgun.

While it seems like it should be a light gun game, even the arcade original used a joystick.

Does that allow Sega Master System Games?

LOL no, the Card Catcher (which is the actual name of the adapter) just allows you to play SG-1000 My Cards on a system without the proper slot (such as the SG-1000 and DINA). There's absolutely no way SMS games would work on a DINA.

Also, there's no such thing as an SG-1000 II game because the SG-1000 II is just a cosmetic redesign of the original system. The internal hardware is exactly the same, the only differences are the placement of the expansion port, a controller port in place of the hardwired first controller and a different shell of course.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one that broke with the old Telegames Personal Arcade label. I'm trying to get it fixed/use it for soldering practice but the parts are very cheap-as in they break easily. As for rarity, they don't come cheap as Telegames was hit by a tornado and most of their stock was wiped out. But some people are charging outrageous prices for one on e(vil)bay.

• 4 years later...