IGNORED

Help me price my Craigslist Atari ST lot?

Smithore

Do you have the boxes and instructions for those games?

That would definitely increase the value of the lot.

A few of the games have the original boxes and instructions, but it's probably less than 5%. I have had a couple of replies to my post, but when I say "make me an offer", I get no response. It seems like it's hard to find a value. :/

Because most people know that when someone states "make me an offer", they know there is an unrealistic reserve price associated. Due to initial cost invested, perceived current (often skewed by misreading ePay listings) market values or just plain cluelessness.

I'd hazard a guess that you might be able to get as much as $200 for all this stuff to the right person here (HA!), ePay or ...

But a CL ad? Maybe $50 and best hope you don't get knocked over the head, only to awake with your wallet gone and pants unbuttoned. ;)

You're somewhat local to me and there's a part of me that would like to pick them up, but as Save2600 said above, I've learned it's rarely worth my time on a "make an offer" type of deal. My interest is mainly the software. I'm pretty set on hardware right now and would find myself in a position of selling the hardware you have on to someone else.

I guess that's a long way of saying if it was cheap enough, I'd be there tonight to pick it up. What cheap enough is would likely not be a number you'd like to hear, so I haven't contacted you about it. $50 and I promise not to steal your wallet and leave you pantless!

Because most people know that when someone states "make me an offer", they know there is an unrealistic reserve price associated. Due to initial cost invested, perceived current (often skewed by misreading ePay listings) market values or just plain cluelessness.

I'd hazard a guess that you might be able to get as much as $200 for all this stuff to the right person here (HA!), ePay or ...

But a CL ad? Maybe $50 and best hope you don't get knocked over the head, only to awake with your wallet gone and pants unbuttoned. ;)

Wow, that seems a little negative. I've had great success buying and selling on Craigslist -- everything from games, books, PC stuff and electronics. I have no "unrealistic reserve price". And it's very easy to be safe using Craigslist. Just make sure to meet in a public place.

You're somewhat local to me and there's a part of me that would like to pick them up, but as Save2600 said above, I've learned it's rarely worth my time on a "make an offer" type of deal. My interest is mainly the software. I'm pretty set on hardware right now and would find myself in a position of selling the hardware you have on to someone else.

I guess that's a long way of saying if it was cheap enough, I'd be there tonight to pick it up. What cheap enough is would likely not be a number you'd like to hear, so I haven't contacted you about it. $50 and I promise not to steal your wallet and leave you pantless!

As I said in the ad, I'm open to offers on one or multiple systems / software. Feel free to respond or shoot me a PM.

20 bucks?

Wow, that seems a little negative. I've had great success buying and selling on Craigslist -- everything from games, books, PC stuff and electronics. I have no "unrealistic reserve price". And it's very easy to be safe using Craigslist. Just make sure to meet in a public place.

As I said in the ad, I'm open to offers on one or multiple systems / software. Feel free to respond or shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

Atari STs are definitely a harder sell - far fewer people would be interested in them than other systems. I guess it depends on how large the community in your area is.

As a result, it basically comes down to whatever someone is willing to offer. If I didn't already have a similar setup (and was local to you), I'd probably offer you in the $50-$100 range for the lot. Maybe put a price of $100 on it and then accept slightly lower counter offers?