IGNORED

Does anyone make new Atari 8-bit cartridge shells?

Albert

We look at this for next 10-15 days. Restriction was added on beggining of march (10-12? I don't remember) for about 30 days (or 45, if will be bad situation). So, I think - for few days situation will be clear or this, I hope.

And indeed, those gray translucent shells look fantastic!

Thx :P

3 hours ago, Nezgar said:

Just a quick question because I've never tried - are PCB's the same size and interchangeable between Atari brown shells, Atari grey/XEGS cart shells, and these new ones? For example, would a Pixels Past 400/800/XL/XE cart PCB be expected to fit in any of them? Tks

They all fit on this shell, with the exception of the XEGS cartridge pcb with screw on the middle. The pixels past's should fit also.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Attention!

The delivery of economic packages to the USA has been resumed. Unfortunately, to CHILE and other North America and South America countries not yet: /  (after Polish Post Office).

Edited by Sikor
more info
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

How many brown shells do you need?

To product it? For the production? The minimum batch is 1000 pieces for a custom color, but you must send me the RAL number - I will check availability. For example, the typical Atari XE (RAL 7035) and XL series (RAL 1013) are not available from my supplier: / (O.K. I can order - the minimum amount of material is about 2000 kg, extra for color). Similar colors can be obtained, but ... Dyed in mass at the injection, they may not stick to the color in the whole series, and besides - they lose quality parameters faster ... This is the specificity of this type of production - and let's face it, I will not sell it in millions of housing cases .

@Wilheim: i'll be in my post office today or tomorrow and ask, then is about any info for open packages to other countries, but i'm afraid than central of post office decide about it ? I'll let know in this thread.

24 minutes ago, Sikor said:

: / (O.K. I can order - the minimum amount of material is about 2000 kg, extra for color). ... - and let's face it, I will not sell it in millions of housing cases .

We need the cartridge equivalent of the Heavy Sixer to reach those 2 tons with less carts....;)

Jokes aside, @Sikor while I am unlikely to need those shells for lack of a program to sell, I do appreciate your effort!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wilheim said:

Hi! Is there any news concerning about this issue?

I was at the post office last week. Information shows that packages are slowly reaching new regions, but unfortunately they are not yet available for Chile. But from positive news - it is supposed to change on days, so maybe this week. On the website: https://www.poczta-polska.pl/poczta-polska-ponownie-rozszerza-mozliwosc-wysylania-przesylek-zagranicznych/# I see that shipping to Mexico is already unblocked, so the offer is slowly expanding. As we wait so long - let's wait a moment longer. This is not a comfortable situation for anyone :(

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

As do I, so I bought a good number of them and will probably buy more once those arrive and I have a chance to look at them.  :)

Cool to see the chips and board through the shell; but not so "in your face" as a clear shell.

I'm thinking labels with a white border -- like the Beef Drop and Castle Crisis ones you're using -- will look better than the all black labels. Should set them off nicely. The all-black ones are still good though...

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

Just now, MrFish said:

Cool to see the chips and board through the shell.

Yes, I like that also.

Just now, MrFish said:

I'm thinking labels with a white border -- like the Beef Drop and Castle Crisis ones you're using -- will look better than the all black labels. Should set them off nicely. The all-black ones are still good though...

I intend to take photos with both of those labels using the dark shells once they arrive.  :)

..Al

2 hours ago, Nezgar said:

I'm interested in 10 shells of any kind to match some PCB's from OSH park to build on a whim... If anyone has 10 they'd sell me, send me a PM. I'm in Canada.

Ask ZuluGula from this forum. He bought from me some shells to send it (few shells for ones) on USA. To Canada is nearest than from Poland and I hink for few cases sending cost will be cheaper then from Poland. Of course - you can buy it from me, look at: sikorsoft.waw.pl/en

@Albert: your shells are somewhere on the sea or ocean :P

• Thanks 1