IGNORED

Does anyone make new Atari 8-bit cartridge shells?

Albert

Just now, Stephen said:

Man are those sharp!  If they were available in the early 80s when I had my 400, I would ave spent more time staring at the "magic" PCM inside, than playing the game.  Fast forward 40 years - I am still just as fascinated :)

I do love the translucent shells! 

..Al

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I do love the translucent shells! 

..Al

The 1st cart I ever took apart was Gorf.  When I got a 130XE to replace my 400 (48kB with B-Key), Gorf no longer worked.  Me being the 13 year old know-it-all, said I'll take the cart apart and figure it out.  Wow - how could this flat board with angular lines and a "bug" with legs make a game?

Somehow, it's 2020 and I've been putting dinner on the table by coding.  It's still magic, but I will never forget the early days, when everything was unknown magic.  I give thanks to the early pioneers that made this all possible, and my parents, who got me my 1st computer and told me it was not going to be just a games machine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

(...)  It's still magic, but I will never forget the early days, when everything was unknown magic.  I give thanks to the early pioneers that made this all possible, and my parents, who got me my 1st computer and told me it was not going to be just a games machine.

You got that SoOoOo right (!)

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Somehow, it's 2020 and I've been putting dinner on the table by coding.  It's still magic, but I will never forget the early days, when everything was unknown magic.  I give thanks to the early pioneers that made this all possible, and my parents, who got me my 1st computer and told me it was not going to be just a games machine.

Very well said. I only earned money through coding once, but nevertheless it was great to be on the forefront of the computer moving from the lab out into the world even if we did not really know about that as teenagers and just had a cool new ‚thing‘ that we could explore in all its aspects, BASIC (and beyond) being one of them. Having (at least looking back as a father of three) endless time certainly helped as the best of games would not keep us entertained forever. 

I think that the first time that I got paid to program was in high school when the computer programming teacher told one of his students to pay me to write the homework assignment program for him.  I got $10, and iirc, I wrote him a piano program for the Atari 800.  I sort of remember writing programs for several other people for cash while in high school.  I also had a college professor pay me $100 to write him a word processor for his Kaypro PC-compatible in 1985.

Good times!

Will you be offering a cart making service like you have for the 5200?

When is the 800 cart rarity db going to be online, it'd be nice to look up homebrews/protos for the 800 they way we can for the 5200

Just now, Mr Robot said:

Will you be offering a cart making service like you have for the 5200?

Likely, yes.

Just now, Mr Robot said:

When is the 800 cart rarity db going to be online, it'd be nice to look up homebrews/protos for the 800 they way we can for the 5200

That's a fair question. :)

Right now I'm researching new eCommerce software so I can replace the current AtariAge Store with something better. Once I get that behind me, I will be working on rewriting the entire database from scratch. This will include adding Atari 8-bit and Atari ST sections, and later arcade games.  Some of the changes I'm making to the database will allow me to better support computers than what I have now.  I also want to add all the homebrew games to the database (for all supported systems), which will take a bit of effort.

..Al

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Gavin1968 said:

It takes 3 months to get them here in the states?? 

Checked my notes... my order of 12 to Canada took May 19-July 28 = 72 Days... slowly but surely!

And as an aside.. I ordered some DIP sockets and pin headers from Singapore on ebay back in April - they just arrived last week - a record! - but those were cheap enough to forget about...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only now... Special edition - dark green (hmm, "combat green"). Only 1000pcs was made, only 750 to sell, for sunday is only for atariage and atariarea users. Price? 7.50EU / 8.50USD plus shipping, regardless of quantity. The priority of purchase is decisive (whoever orders first will receive). The same color will never happen again, it is specially mixed - Christmas promotion, it will be a year soon, as my cases are available;)

In one photo reference with standard RAL7035 colour.

SAM_2676.thumb.JPG.5cb8c578d680f5cd244e1f5999c6d405.JPGSAM_2677.thumb.JPG.67bbf301ab01ff4098d51d5d1536add7.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:06 AM, Sikor said:

Only now... Special edition - dark green (hmm, "combat green"). Only 1000pcs was made, only 750 to sell, for sunday is only for atariage and atariarea users. Price? 7.50EU / 8.50USD plus shipping, regardless of quantity. The priority of purchase is decisive (whoever orders first will receive). The same color will never happen again, it is specially mixed - Christmas promotion, it will be a year soon, as my cases are available;)

In one photo reference with standard RAL7035 colour.

SAM_2676.thumb.JPG.5cb8c578d680f5cd244e1f5999c6d405.JPGSAM_2677.thumb.JPG.67bbf301ab01ff4098d51d5d1536add7.JPG

God speaks Polish as well or better than BASIC.  God Loves the Polish and so do I.  Go Atari! Go Poland GO AMERICA!

?

/s

11 hours ago, blacka013 said:

Hi sikor, how much are these new shells?

Regards

As Jeffrey quoted. I think about 8EU/9US, but for Atari community price is still as above: 7,50EU/8,50USD. Only 1000 pcs was made, only 750 to sell as enclosure ;)

Edited by Sikor