IGNORED

Does anyone make new Atari 8-bit cartridge shells?

Albert

A few more pics. Very limited cartridge: Great Green Adventure. Details on another forum:
http://www.atari.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16286

There were two versions of the PCB's. Light and dark green.
Due to the colors of the sticker, I chose the darker version (left side).

ab6bf79868cc1d48.jpg

Perhaps an unnecessary detail. Colored edge after cut.

ae9c3be0d74c6347.jpg

Final effect.

4e8b2bda7fe09dc5.jpg

c998a885cc595e9d.jpg

0059cdc8c08333bb.jpg

528e746b11d2b974.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last few color experiments - let this be a help for others.

Choplifter!

XEGS old gold style

db2020ee713944ab.jpg

Road Race

Classic sepia

c086ecc360b478b4.jpg

Stellar Shuttle

Light violet

193e0ec78d5e7aad.jpg

Dark violet for comparison in a light gray case

b146d5b88d2090f0.jpg

Airball XEGS old gold

515cf983dd057d54.jpg

Archon XEGS old gold

efe39f122b7e789a.jpg

orange sticker

12b6c6b52095bebe.jpg

Edited by ccwrc
one more photo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Albert said:

Oh yes, I forgot to post this image here. This is the first batch of Scramble cartridges I've produced using Siko's shells!

scramble_8bit_carts.jpg

Working on getting the Adventure II XE carts done, will post a photo here of those as well once I get them labeled.  :)

..Al

Is that the same Scramble that was presented here some time ago or an improved/expanded version?

7 minutes ago, slx said:

Is that the same Scramble that was presented here some time ago or an improved/expanded version?

Are there two different versions?  It's the version from Playsoft, with a version for the 5200 as well.  We've been selling the 5200 version for a while, and the Atari 8-bit version is new in the store.  Both versions are basically the same, but there are some differences (aside from just the obvious controller changes). 

Here's a video:

I'd link to the store, but I have taken the store down temporarily so I can focus on getting all these new games built and shipped.  :)

..Al

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

Are there two different versions?  It's the version from Playsoft, with a version for the 5200 as well.  We've been selling the 5200 version for a while, and the Atari 8-bit version is new in the store.  Both versions are basically the same, but there are some differences (aside from just the obvious controller changes). 

@playsoft posted a version in 2018 (which was based on his 5200 version and after someone else posted an 800 conversion in that thread). I wondered if this is "just" a cartridge version of that game or improved on that game. 

Now waiting for Gravitic Mines and a Jag GameDrive and I'm ready for a large order, hopefully before mandatory customs handling. Recently all US packages failed to attract the attention of customs for reasons mysterious to me.

6 hours ago, slx said:

@playsoft posted a version in 2018 (which was based on his 5200 version and after someone else posted an 800 conversion in that thread). I wondered if this is "just" a cartridge version of that game or improved on that game. 

This is the version from Playsoft, not the other conversion that was done.  There are some minor changes from the 5200 version, such as support for two-button controllers utilizing the Joy 2B+ protocol.

6 hours ago, slx said:

Now waiting for Gravitic Mines and a Jag GameDrive and I'm ready for a large order, hopefully before mandatory customs handling. Recently all US packages failed to attract the attention of customs for reasons mysterious to me.

Also looking forward to the release of Gravitic Mines!  :)

..Al

1 minute ago, Tillek said:

I wants... :(

Same, I judiciously played these two games when I was younger, complete with graph paper to record every step and where everything important was located (shops, taverns, etc.)  I'd love to have this and The City in cartridge form, especially if they have savegame support!

..Al

8 hours ago, Wilheim said:

My last batch of cartridges using Sikor’s cases

Fantastic work.  I would like to request free copies of these for my friends Ken and Dan please (I've worked with them for the last 17 years). ?

I am sure you won't mind letting me give them to him, since they were not actually asked for permission, which they probably happily would have given. :ponder: :P

P.S. Ken digs it, have not heard back from Dan yet. ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wilheim said:

My last batch of cartridges using Sikor’s cases:

Did those by making a new pcb with flash roms to save 4 characters into them.

Is AR-Dungeon (and AR-City?) on cart. now fully playable? I thought that the cart version was a wip, which still has bugs and crashes here or there. But if it is fully playable, I would like to order a copy from you...   ;-)

(Or maybe Albert could make a deal with PP, Ken and Dan and sell City+Dungeon carts. officially in the AA shop?)

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Fantastic work.  I would like to request free copies of these for my friends Ken and Dan please (I've worked with them for the last 17 years). ?

I am sure you won't mind letting me give them to him, since they were not actually asked for permission, which they probably happily would have given. :ponder: :P

P.S. Ken digs it, have not heard back from Dan yet. ;)

Of course!!! It would be a dream come true. I love this game and I always wanted to convert into this format. I always thought that this is how to be the way to play it. I also considered this conversion as a homage to Ken and Dan. Let’s talk about it by private message.

I do really want to have permission and/or blessing from them, but I had no idea how to contact them and I never even imagined you can do that. I do

really appreciate Ken’s permission. Hope  Dan agrees as well.

Please take into account that it needs at least 64k ram to work, because it uses the ram under the OS to work.

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity!

Edited by Wilheim

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Same, I judiciously played these two games when I was younger, complete with graph paper to record every step and where everything important was located (shops, taverns, etc.)  I'd love to have this and The City in cartridge form, especially if they have savegame support!

..Al

Not only it saves your character into the cartridge. You can also save it into a diskette (or atr image with your preferred way, except maybe the sdrive max, because it doesn’t support the “status” instruction properly.) and even transfer a City character from disk.

I also wrote an utility to transfer your chracters from disk to cartridge and vice versa.

Last, but certainly not least, I’m giving support by publishing updates by atr images, so the atr flashes the patches into the cartridge.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...