IGNORED

D1K/D2K ROM sales ending -- closing price $10

Hi everyone,

ROM sales for D1K/D2K will be closing indefinitely at the end of this month (July). I just don't have time to deal with the tiny trickle of orders that come in only every so often.

So this is everyone's last chance to own a legit copy of either game. Since D2K in cartridge form is also no longer available, don't let this opportunity pass you by.

The special closing price is $10 for either game. If you want both, you can click on "donate" and send me $20 indicating that you want both games (if this is easier for you).

Don't forget to include the name you would like (up to 18 characters) to appear on the in-game credit screen.

Even if you already have a copy, you could always gift one with your friend's name.

The money (if any), will go towards completion of Ms. Pac-Man which is at least 90% complete now.

Here's the ordering page:

www.carlmuellerjr.com

Thanks,

Carl

Since blogger is not allowing me to update my page, just use the "donate" button, send $10, and include the game you want (D1K or D2K) and the name you want for the credits in a note and I'll send you the ROM.

I'll try to get this corrected within the next few days. ;-)

Carl

Edited by Carl Mueller Jr

If you already own the game you still need to purchase this to play on the newly announced flash cart, correct?

I think that's the situation.

In the future, I wonder if there will be a sales model including the ROM with a cart purchase. That would seem to be a natural result.

I don't know if the CIB version would be the EXACT same price as CIB with Digital Copy.....but I am sure that there could be a discount for buying both at the same time......ie Digital copies cost $20....and a $10 discount applies when buying it with a CIB copy. Lot's of things can be done...

We could also sell manual/overlays plus digital copies cheaper than CIB versions.

• Like 1

I don't know if the CIB version would be the EXACT same price as CIB with Digital Copy.....but I am sure that there could be a discount for buying both at the same time......ie Digital copies cost $20....and a $10 discount applies when buying it with a CIB copy. Lot's of things can be done...

We could also sell manual/overlays plus digital copies cheaper than CIB versions.

I could see this similar to the sale of a DVD. You can pay a more for the "Limited Edition" that includes the digital copy. I think this would be an easy upgrade/sell for the distributors.

I'm fine with that ... in the future, I can see myself playing most of my games from the LTO Flash! and displaying my beautiful boxed copy on the shelf.

Interestingly, this may add to the possibility of more people never opening their games since they can already play it without opening it!

It would be great if the ROM also included a PDF of the manual. That seems obvious to me. Maybe watermarked in some way.

Reminder: only 1 week left to purchase either D1K or D2K in ROM format for the upcoming LTO flash cart. When July ends, sales are closed for good!

Thank you to everyone who has purchased so far, and I hope you are enjoying the games.

Carl

Carl, would it be better to have sales open until Sept/Oct? Perhaps people who buy LTO Flash then would buy D2K and D1K at that time.

For me I already bought both carts and roms :)

These games are extremely good.

• Like 1

Carl, would it be better to have sales open until Sept/Oct? Perhaps people who buy LTO Flash then would buy D2K and D1K at that time.

For me I already bought both carts and roms :)

These games are extremely good.

thanks for your support!

I'll say this then: they will be closed at the end of this month, but PERHAPS I will accept orders from LTO Flash customers when the device becomes available (for a short period). No guarantees, but maybe.

Translation: better to buy now, if you plan to purchase LTO Flash. :-)