IGNORED

Protector: RESURGENCE coming to the Atari Jaguar!

Songbird

Finally opened and played my copy of Resurgance.

The overlays are very cool, thanks Carl!

I really like this game a lot, LOVE the graphics and the different music is nice (Protector style) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thought yesterday to give it a quick go for the first time, but within an hour I had finished the 24 levels, so I was kinda bummed about that :(

For comparison I immediately tried P:SE, and that game seems to give a faster gameplay experience, with faster and more(?) enemies.

Resurgance is a great expansion, I love it, but the game/levels doesn't feel very challenging in comparison with the first two Protector games imo.

Robinson's Requiem did not include a printed overlay. You get both sheets (four uncut overlays) inside each copy of RESURGENCE.

Wow! Brain fart, maybe they have a picture of it in the manual then?

Anyway, I'm excited, thanks Carl! I ordered mine last night (I think, or maybe it was this morning).

Finally opened and played my copy of Resurgance.

The overlays are very cool, thanks Carl!

I really like this game a lot, LOVE the graphics and the different music is nice (Protector style) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thought yesterday to give it a quick go for the first time, but within an hour I had finished the 24 levels, so I was kinda bummed about that :(

For comparison I immediately tried P:SE, and that game seems to give a faster gameplay experience, with faster and more(?) enemies.

Resurgance is a great expansion, I love it, but the game/levels doesn't feel very challenging in comparison with the first two Protector games imo.

Glad you are enjoying the expansion and thanks for the feedback! Gameplay balance is such a tricky thing -- most people thought original Protector was way too hard, so I eased it up in Protector SE but still had a lot of people tell me they could never even reach the higher waves. So, I thought I would try a more deliberate pace in RESURGENCE where casual players could get farther in the game. Guess I will do more to make the latter waves tougher in the future. ;)

Yes, it can be difficult but the key is to let the baiters escape, and shoot the returning ufo's.

Collect the red power-ups that they leave behind and buy shields first, and if the max. of 9 shields is reached then go for smart bombs.

It is important to collect these power-ups in the earlier waves, and save the bombs as much as possible for the later more difficult waves.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Carl, would you be willing to put the custom overlay files up for people to have? I'ld love to use these but don't want to mess up the only set I have.

Also would like to look into having them printed on plastic at some point...along with worms and a few others i've found online.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Is Protector -/SE/Resurgence in two player mode a two together simulations game or do you play in turns??

Alternating, this ain't no outer space Gauntlet! Imagine playing a space shooter like this, where the other guy doesn't keep up… you'd be screwed! :rolling: