IGNORED

Waiting for my 7800 to arrive

ambh

I had one from 2008-2012 but last night I ordered another one with more games than I ever had for it. The only game I had before that isn't in the lot is Food Fight. Next time I order a Euro D-Pad I'll make sure it comes with the optional thumb stick. My old one was also modded with a generic AC Adapter probably because the original owner couldn't find a replacement AC Adapter. My guess is that all they had to do was desolder the wires from the original port and solder them to the different, more commonly shaped one.

My parents must have bought my first one back around 1987. I still have that one.

Then I got a second at Big Lots when they were liquidating them around 1992. It may be my favorite system. Or that could be the Jaguar. Or the Lynx. Not sure, actually!

I bought mine last year. It's become my main Atari unit as I've retired my Six Switch to be a display piece. 8-bit is sort of my deal, as I've got the NES, SMS,and 7800 all hooked up via a composite selector.

It's a terrific system. I wish it had been more successful and had a larger homebrew community. Ahh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I first got mine in February of '87 or '88. Maybe even '86. Unfortunately my AC adapter went out around '92 or so and I was unable to play it for over a decade. I finally bought a new adapter off of atariguide.com in 2005 or so. Amazingly my original system still works even though I took a hammer and screwdriver to the circuit board in a fit of rage so I could replace all of the switches.