IGNORED

Project -L

voltron

That's what happend:

Using the Tennis cart the screen went black after pushing the disc at the ECS start screen. Same happened using the rom on the CC3. The Tennis cart works fine without the ECS .

The Soccer cart works fine with the ECS and it asks after the game title screen for the numbers of players. I entered 2 : 2 players...and plugged in two additional contollers at the ECS.

It worked! World Cup Soccer is a 4 player game!

post-30718-140653236625_thumb.jpgpost-30718-14065323835_thumb.jpgpost-30718-140653241444_thumb.jpgpost-30718-140653242443_thumb.jpgpost-30718-140653243605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 7

Intymike,

Wow that is pretty cool. I assume the 2 intellivision controllers play on one team and the 2 controllers plugged into ECS play on other team? I used to play WC Soccer a long while ago but never did this experiment - good job in confirming this. I assume this is the only 4 - player inty game?

The left controller on the Inty and the left controller on the ECS are one team. The same is for the right controllers.

That's what happend:

Using the Tennis cart the screen went black after pushing the disc at the ECS start screen. Same happened using the rom on the CC3. The Tennis cart works fine without the ECS .

The Soccer cart works fine with the ECS and it asks after the game title screen for the numbers of players. I entered 2 : 2 players...and plugged in two additional contollers at the ECS.

It worked! World Cup Soccer is a 4 player game!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406532363.632088.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406532381.182330.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406532412.651256.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406532422.640127.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1406532434.385531.jpg

Ok, awesome! So, WC Tennis is not ECS compatible, but WC Soccer / WC Football is not only ECS compatible, but also 4 player. I was pretty sure one of them upgraded to 4 players, I just wasn't sure which one.

Thanks!

Wow! I thought there were no 4 player games that made it to market (i.e. the 4 player feature got removed before the game shipped). The World Cup Soccer box and instructions only talk about it supporting 2 players, not 4. Great find.

From going back into the CFG files and looking at all the possible conflicts with the ECS RAM and ROM, this is likely the complete list of games not compatible with the ECS:

Original 125

• Centipede
  • Championship Tennis
  • Congo Bongo
  • Defender
  • Dig Dug
  • Pac-Man

Demos, prototypes, unreleased games, homebrews:

• 1983 Demo cart
  • Choplifter
  • King of the Mountain
  • MTE-201 Test Cart
  • Quest
  • Space Shuttle

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, awesome! So, WC Tennis is not ECS compatible, but WC Soccer / WC Football is not only ECS compatible, but also 4 player. I was pretty sure one of them upgraded to 4 players, I just wasn't sure which one.

Thanks!

funny, i said this a long time ago. I even had the wii jzintv modified for this. Unfortunately it didnt work on the wii cause the emu only supports two controllers.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got a good place to go to find updates on the progress of the LTO Flash cart? the website appears to be a little light. :) Still excited about it's release.

How about here.

P.S. Nice avatar! :)

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

Work killed my personal life the last couple of years. So, I quit my job so I could finish LTO Flash! My last day is this coming Friday, no joke.

Well I think you have a new job to go to? As a retiree of two weeks I have never worked so hard!

The list of things to do at home is endless, just as well we travel a lot.

Enjoy the new job and finishing LTO flash.