IGNORED

German triple instructions for the Games series on VCS?

high voltage

I have those exact same instructions. In my case, they came tucked into an HES "Go For the Gold" pack, which is just Summer and Winter games. Which also has English instructions for those 2 games only, on the back of the insert/cover like most HES packs.

I've always wondered where the German instructions came from. My HES pack came from a collection with a bunch of unrelated German PAL carts (the usual Phantom-Panzer and such) so at the time, I guessed that perhaps the HES sets were being sold in Germany, with that insert for the instructions. I'd sure be pissed to see instructions for 3 games but only 2 carts, if I was a kid!

Found these German instructions for Summer Games, Winter Games, California Games on one sheet, was there a German triple package of this?

P1010001_zpsb49fe32e.jpg

California Games instructions on the back of sheet.

Interesting.

Could you please scan it for me?

Would like to add it to the HES pak:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-for-gold-pak-summer-games-winter-games_7674.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

RH, do you have any reason to believe these go with the GFTG pack? Beyond my anecdote of how I found them?

I'll try scanning them today - my home scanner is smaller so I may have to stitch things together. Also, I have a couple of small treats just discovered in these.

Edited by freeweed

RH, do you have any reason to believe these go with the GFTG pack? Beyond my anecdote of how I found them?

I'll try scanning them today - my home scanner is smaller so I may have to stitch things together. Also, I have a couple of small treats just discovered in these.

It's the only known multi-pak of these games.

8)

OK, check this out. Further evidence of where this came from. There was a sticker seal on the case, that was never properly ripped off. I can't believe I just noticed this now. You can clearly see some German on it. Proof that these HES games were sold in some sort of German market, which explains where these frankengames came from. Unfortunately this can't be scanned as it's recessed in the case.

GFTG German sticker

Edited by freeweed

Edit: the first image, for me, is displaying HUGE in the post. This is my first time playing with AA image upload - am I doing something wrong? I hate how it's displaying. The others all show as thumbnails. Sorry if I'm barfing this thread, let me know if I can fix this.

And the big kahuna. Here are some semi-decent scans of that huge 3-game sheet, that came with my GFTG Pack. Apologies that it's a cut-and-paste job, I just don't have a huge scanner:

GFTG front

GFTG back

And another - I found these instructions tucked into my Sports Action Pak. Further German HES combos:

sports action Pak german inst 0002

sports action Pak german inst 0001

And a bonus - I have a couple of these Activision Club/warranty cards in some of my Paks. I just thought they were kinda cool.

HES activiton club 0002

HES activiton club 0001

I'd really love someone to translate the Summer/Winter/California Games instructions, at least the part about how to select and choose the game. My German is atrocious, but it almost reads like these were in fact instructions for a 3-game multicart? There sure is a lot of talk about using SELECT and RESET to choose things, which would only make sense in a multicart situation. The Games series used joysticks to select sub-games within, if memory serves.
Edited by freeweed