IGNORED

Using a mouse on the TI-99/4A

Omega-TI

The ball in the Wico is a standard cue ball--and mine was somewhat yellowish (like most cue balls) right from the day I got it in 1986, so I would say they have always been that way. . .

Thanks. Once the thing arrives I'll re-assess the situation and decide what I'm going to do then. I'm pretty sure I want to cover that cheap red color, I just don't know what is considered a "good" paint for plastic.

Has anyone had any experience with one of these, or could they make a recommendation?

sml_gallery_35324_1027_6274.jpgsml_gallery_35324_1027_26285.jpg

Thanks!

Ha! I thought CS1 was joking...

I, sir, NEVER jest.

What I'd like to find is a shiny metallic black looking cue ball. I think that would look cool, with a silver ring around the opening.

You will ride into the halls of Valhalla and I shall witness you, shiny and chrome!

• Like 1

I'm going back and forth like a ping-pong ball over which to choose.

1) The silver one would not show finger prints as much as the black one and I think looks classy.

It also would not require a chrome 'highlight' to make it 'pop'.

2) The black one I think would look nice too if I put some chrome paint on the ring that surrounds the ball.

I still have to find some decent silver paint for the bottom half of the enclosure. I'd like everything to match (black & silver). All the stuff I've found so far, advertised especially for plastic, does not come in silver or platinum.

I also have to find a raised Ω symbol to stick in the front too! ;)

For solid-color balls, you might also want to look at Snooker balls. They are slightly smaller than a standard Pool ball (54mm as opposed to 57.15mm), so it would increase the play between the ball and the frame somewhat, but they might work nicely. I also found a nice solid black cue ball. . .and on the page it came from there was a dizzying array of sports-team related and other cue balls.

• Like 1

I checked it out, unfortunately it's the same one that appears on other sites. If you look real close, you'll see that it has a little 'cap' that is different than the rest of the ball. I wonder if the bump might translate into something unwanted during use.

I'm not sure if a smaller ball would work in the Wico properly. So for now I'm keeping my eyes on the standard regulation sized 2.25".

post-35324-0-16530300-1434302838_thumb.jpg

The trackball arrived today, looks brand new, except for the yellow ball. It came with the original box, original inserts and documentation, even the original invoice from 1986. However I'm a little bummed out as it will not NOT go to the left... when I'm using the cable extension. That is just weird as my joystick works just fine with the extension.

Well, I guess it's going to be the silver ball as I think that will match the TI and the new paint job. ;)

gallery_35324_1027_42275.jpg

That looks awesome! What paint did you end up using? I have been meaning to paint that plastic SCSI drive enclosure I got a while back to silver...

• 1 year later...