IGNORED

CGE Attendance

I didn't win anything at the auction, but I did find a sealed Tron Deadly Discs at a booth. Flipped over and realized was the Italian version. $5 :)

I also picked up a sealed French Can Frogger ($20) and a sealed gatefold Shark Shark for $8.

I also came dangerously close to winning a free Flashback, but gavv bested me at Biplanes ;-)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

How was Blix sold - was it cart only or CIB? Cmart what goodies did you pick up - anyone else? Hope you all had a great time & hope to meet you all next time!

Does not matter, you cant get one, atgames did not want you to have one. They knew they should have made a run of 150, but they prefered to spit in the face of those who could not attend, i cancelled my pre orders of the flashback. I say we all boycott their stuff, until they make it right and make a run of at least 120 more carts for fans on Intellivision. Join the boycott dont buy atgame products until they make it right.

Edited by voltron

I thought more games were going to be produced after CGE - Is that incorrect? If so I agree that a run of only 30 not fair & should be increased to 150 total or 200.

Based on the information that was given at the event, that's it until 2017. The game will be part of the Intellivision Flashback 2 (if there is one) and can only be released again in 2017 in cart form. However that decision was made, it led to the limited number being only 30. Those 30 went very fast. By the time I made to GDG's table, there were only six carts left and I went in shortly after the dealers room opened. I stopped to say hi to the Intellivisionaries before going to GDG. :)

• Like 1

The big question is did AT Games make the cartridge or Good deal Games who was there selling it?

Are they one and the same?

There was no AT Games booth there.

AtGames doesn't make cartridges. This sounds like a normal business deal where a new game was made and it was offered to AtGames for use in a future product, which it sounds like they accepted. In that case it's perfectly reasonable for the contract to stipulate the terms of the deal. No one is "screwing" anyone, it's just business. A few other thoughts I had on this topic.

• Like 4

Back from the show after a long day of travel. It was pretty cool to attend even though my purchases were extremely minimal. There was either very little offered amongst the vendors that I still needed for my collection or in the case of the auction, things were just too pricey. The museum is ALWAYS great to see and I'm sad that it won't be back in the form that it currently is seen for future shows (announced at the show that the museum will likely have a permanent home in the near future). Loved spending some time with some old favorites in the arcade and meeting some of you crazy Intellivision folk was outstanding. Nice to put names to faces Jason, Cmart, Lathe, and Soulbuster. All in all, a quality weekend and the guys that put the show together should be commended!

• Like 1

Does not matter, you cant get one, atgames did not want you to have one. They knew they should have made a run of 150, but they prefered to spit in the face of those who could not attend, i cancelled my pre orders of the flashback. I say we all boycott their stuff, until they make it right and make a run of at least 120 more carts for fans on Intellivision. Join the boycott dont buy atgame products until they make it right.

You are barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

Most likely, although I don't work or deal with either company, Good Deal Games made it and produced it on it's own.

Nurmix was a great help in getting the IMI Tester MTE100 to the show. Here's a picture of David Warhol pondering the mysteries of the beast.

Your 15 seconds of fame with Warhol? ;-) ;) ;)

(Ok, ok, wrong Warhol. Downgraded to "seconds" because everything's gotten so much faster since the era of the original quote...)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 3

Your 15 seconds of fame with Warhol? ;-) ;) ;)

(Ok, ok, wrong Warhol. Downgraded to "seconds" because everything's gotten so much faster since the era of the original quote...)

Or is it 'ticks'? :P It was great talking w/ him about the different algorithms he used for the Gen2 Shark! Shark! MOB movements. I didn't get the chance to ask if that's how the original worked as well. I have not tried any of the Gen2 games, so I felt kind of bad about that. I don't own any of the platforms they've delivered it on.

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

Or is it 'ticks'? :P It was great talking w/ him about the different algorithms he used for the Gen2 Shark! Shark! MOB movements. I didn't get the chance to ask if that's how the original worked as well. I have not tried any of the Gen2 games, so I felt kind of bad about that. I don't own any of the platforms they've delivered it on.

David Warhol is a fascinating guy to talk with. I've always enjoyed talking with him when I bump into him at CGE. Our shared interest in 8 bit music has translated to some action items on my part... some fun toys (hardware and code) I'm sending his way. :-)

• Like 1

Ok, here are my photos:

Steve Ettinger signing my Intellivision Flashback (taken by his lovely wife).

post-37124-0-69368800-1410848919_thumb.jpg

The special Intellivision badges for CGE 2014. Good things come in discrete brown paper bags.

post-37124-0-95613100-1410848920_thumb.jpg

A huge black bee that was over 1.5" long (not including antennae). It was likely seeking revenge for its fallen brethren in Buzz Bombers, but luckily never found the Riviera.

post-37124-0-24798300-1410848922_thumb.jpg

Something to drool over.

post-37124-0-60827700-1410848923_thumb.jpg

Recognize this variant of the ECS from the catalog pictures?

post-37124-0-02558300-1410848925_thumb.jpg

Rev's favorite joystick from the museum. (Seriously, did no one in marketing look at the box?)

post-37124-0-29530200-1410848928_thumb.jpg

Hand written commentary by Steve Ettinger (or was it Bill Fisher) in their copy of the EXEC manual.

post-37124-0-79557100-1410848926_thumb.jpg

Just horsing around.

post-37124-0-28698500-1410849513_thumb.jpg

A bunch of us after good food and good drinks (taken by my lovely wife).

post-37124-0-77982100-1410849514_thumb.jpg