IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Announcement in two weeks if I read correctly the comments on Facebook.

In context...

post-18-0-54865500-1410805067_thumb.pngpost-18-0-25263300-1410805068_thumb.png

...it appears the "two weeks" remark is concerning an announcement of when the XM becomes available for public purchase after the pre-orders are filled.

The public will be provided a 2 weeks heads-up notice that the XM will be available for purchase.

Curt, please clarify if the above is incorrect.

• Like 1

Just saw the videos. Excellent! I barely made it over to the arcade and console play-area at CGE. I was too busy taking care of my table!

The Bentley Bear video looks totally awesome, and I wish I'd walked over there to play it!

Which table was yours? Not putting the handle with the faces we saw. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Curt told me the same thing a year and a half ago... when the XM's are ready they will go to all who pre-ordered it FIRST. Then when they are ready to be sold to the public, Curt will make sure that all of us (AA members) are aware of it 2 weeks ahead of time (2 weeks before they go on sale.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had been out of the scene long enough I had forgotten this was a thing - but this page was my first Google hit.

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/expansion/

I'd certainly like to pick one up once Curt is ready to go (and not before). I didn't pre-order or anything so I'll just patiently wait until anybody who did gets theirs first.

I think the first sentence on that page you linked needs to be retracted due to sarcasm. Its not that funny..

Nah, I'd say accurate. Trying to develop anything like this with all the health issues he's gone through and without the millions of dollars in resources and man hours Atari had back when they were doing similar projects, I'd say he's moving along fine. Without the health issues everybody would probably have one right now. If this is contentious for some I'm not going to reply further other than to say I support Curt and when it comes out I believe it will be worth the wait - and if it doesn't I just want him to be well.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I know this project has been ongoing for a while now, but I'd like to kick in my support with a pre-order for a couple of units, if this is still possible?

Curt's not really active at the moment, plenty of people who have already pre-ordered years ago haven't got their orders yet, and no new pre-orders have been taken.

What year was that Atari Museum article written? Quite a ways down it mentions Expo 2011 so I'm guessing it was started in 2010.

"Meanwhile, the Nov 30th deadline loomed. . . Still much work needed to be completed. The PC Boards still had to have some redesigns and several components were falling very far behind schedule from the vendors. By December 10th is was becoming apparent that 2010 was going to have to pass by without the 7800 Expansion Modules making it out the door, too many unfinished items were left:"

Serious, I will gladly sell you my space in line. So far, it has cost me $89 (IIRC) and four years. I'm somewhat negotiable on the $89, but I really want my four years back. Does this seem unreasonable?

Edited by toiletunes

Serious, I will gladly sell you my space in line. So far, it has cost me $89 (IIRC) and four years. I'm somewhat negotiable on the $89, but I really want my four years back. Does this seem unreasonable?

I can't do anything about your 4 years, but PM me and we can try to work out the cash part. :)

If anyone else wants to sell me their pre-order spot, I might be interested in 1 more. Let me know.