IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

I'm sure even a post from Curt every now and then, even if there is nothing to report would go a long way and make people put away the torches and pitchforks. Right now... it just seems like he doesn't care, but I'm sure he does, he's just fed up with the negative comments. The thing is, all forums are laced with negativity... he shouldn't let it bother him.

Just a quick post telling everyone that he has or hasn't been working on it for whatever reason... would go a long way.

• Like 1

I'm sure even a post from Curt every now and then, even if there is nothing to report would go a long way and make people put away the torches and pitchforks. Right now... it just seems like he doesn't care, but I'm sure he does, he's just fed up with the negative comments. The thing is, all forums are laced with negativity... he shouldn't let it bother him.

Just a quick post telling everyone that he has or hasn't been working on it for whatever reason... would go a long way.

LOL, you a funny guy!

FWIW, he did post an update on Facebook tonite. In short, he said:

- No refunds, said so from the beginning.

- Looks like it'll be spring now before anything major happens.

Normally I'd be ultra-pissed, but given 1) his ongoing health issues, 2) that his partner quit and he's doing this by himself with occasional outside help, 3) the Atari 7800 market is a tiny hobbyist market anyway, and 4) we know this thing is definitely in progress -- the XM was demoed at a recent show, right?....I'm willing to wait a while longer. Yeah, I paid for this like four years ago and my card was charged at the time (although the law states the product must ship within 30 days of receipt of payment), but hey, I've waited longer for other stuff.

• Like 1

Eventually, enough people will vent here and then Curt will post a minor non-update, along with "I can't believe the negativity" or words to that effect, then the thread will be locked.

Well all we ever asked for was updates now and then. That was promised a dozen times.

Obviously communication has been almost zero. We were never asking for the world.

So when the negative comments come back about how we are so impatient we all will not be surprised. Even mice could figure out the pattern. Maybe we need cheese?

FWIW, he did post an update on Facebook tonite. In short, he said:

- Looks like it'll be spring now before anything major happens.

I'd say I've heard that too many times over the past four years to believe it, but I'm no longer financially tied to this product. As such, I see no need to post any further negative frustrations. FWIW, I re-spent my investment money at the Atariage store and on other vintage videogame goodies- It's going to be a very Merry Christmas at Casa Toiletunes this year. :) Best of luck to the remaining supporters.

Edited by toiletunes

Wow - this just keeps getting worse and worse. Between this, and my VBXE2 fiasco (as well as an SIO2PC unit), I'll never pre-order anything here again. More than 3 years and over $350 in cash, and nothing from a few individuals so far. Nothing large at all in the grand scheme of things, but the only people who will get my money from now on are people who are actively shipping product.

• Like 1

You expect any truth or kept promises for this anymore? I might as well have brought a bridge in Arizona. Or spent the money on my Shelby Z Daytona (:

For those bringing up "fraud" ... I do recall seeing pics and videos of Curt showing off boxes of the custom casings, boards and nameplates for the XM. So I wouldn't call this a case of fraud. If anything, I'd say that the whole adventure has been mishandled --- Maybe he shouldn't have given any specific time frames for people to look forward to only to say, "sorry, the XM still isn't ready and will not be available as promised... maybe next year." But Fraud? I think that's extreme at this point.

• Like 4

For those bringing up "fraud" ... I do recall seeing pics and videos of Curt showing off boxes of the custom casings, boards and nameplates for the XM. So I wouldn't call this a case of fraud. If anything, I'd say that the whole adventure has been mishandled --- Maybe he shouldn't have given any specific time frames for people to look forward to only to say, "sorry, the XM still isn't ready and will not be available as promised... maybe next year." But Fraud? I think that's extreme at this point.

Fraud may be the wrong term, however, it is been more than a "reasonable time". I would be willing to bet my house that any judge would also agree.

• Like 2

Fraud may be the wrong term, however, it is been more than a "reasonable time". I would be willing to bet my house that any judge would also agree.

A bunch of you guys could get together and appear on Judge Judy. I mean on her show, not on her, unless she's into that. Speaking of Judge Judy, remember that special episode where she got all dressed up and sang a song with Bea Arthur?

youtube.com/watch?v=bU_O-3Ys1S0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_O-3Ys1S0

:D

• Like 3