IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Yes, sound, keyboard and the data/clock lines to the SIO are all active in the XM from the POKEY. There is a footprint for a PIA on the XM and the lines are all placed through for it to fully enable SIO functionality. (All the needed discretes will already be on the XM board.) That's more of a hobbyist/tinker option and area since people can do so much more with the PIA lines, so it a daughterboard is made by someone with I/O lines for other kinds of controller inputs or other possibilities, the option is there, this is why the XM doesn't come with a PIA onboard.

• Like 2

O.K. So I'm not alone. I purchased an Atari Style Classic 2 USB controller from the Syzygy online store on January, 2015. By February I was getting email responses back that it should go out the following day with tracking. 2 weeks later he said the store had been closed because of too much snow. By late March I reported Syzygy to The Better Bisiness Burue of New York. BBC reported no response back through mail, phone and email. When I posted a few times on the store Facebook page, an other FB member told me he is still waiting for his February order. Our complaint FB posts soon disappear but I still saved my emails. As of now, I still don't have my order but my card had been charged.

• Like 2

O.K. So I'm not alone. I purchased an Atari Style Classic 2 USB controller from the Syzygy online store on January, 2015. By February I was getting email responses back that it should go out the following day with tracking. 2 weeks later he said the store had been closed because of too much snow. By late March I reported Syzygy to The Better Bisiness Burue of New York. BBC reported no response back through mail, phone and email. When I posted a few times on the store Facebook page, an other FB member told me he is still waiting for his February order. Our complaint FB posts soon disappear but I still saved my emails. As of now, I still don't have my order but my card had been charged.

Curt, you mind explaining the situation?

• Like 1

Very strange. I bought mine a while back, it was defective, I contacted him about it and he was completely understanding and professional. I sent it back and he replaced it with a functional one. Hard to believe that he'd be pulling stuff like this. I can vouch for the snow though, we got hit with quite a few big storms this year. Also, maybe this lapse in service from Syzygy could be related to his medical issues. I know he's been through a few surgeries recently.

BBB of New York now has this on record. I saved my BBB emails. I tried countless times to contact through Syzygy internet email, Styzygy Facebook messenger/page post with no response. It is now July so I don't want to see this happen to fellow Atariage members. If Curt has an explanation, I don't need to hear it, I just need my order or my money back.

I didn't hear of the medical issues until last night on this forum so maybe it's that. I'm from Boston so I got hit the worst. My order was about a month before the February storms and the Classic 2's were listed in stock. Strange because Syzygy has a big following so it seems legit. If my situation gets resolved, I will be sure to let Atariage members know.

Edited by ttom

To put it more clearly, not everyone has facebook. And there are plenty of people that dislike it enough not to sign up for it.

That being said, I hope whatever the update is, that it's good news. :)

• Like 3

It's a link to a dedicated 7800 XM Facebook Group. At the moment, it's not a public, but a closed group, meaning you'd need to be approved. Nothing unusual, really, but not much value for those who are totally against Facebook for whatever reason (seems kind of silly to me personally since more and more stuff is only available and/or communicated through Facebook, but to each their own).

who are totally against Facebook for whatever reason (seems kind of silly to me personally since more and more stuff is only available and/or communicated through Facebook, but to each their own).

Your comment seems silly to me but to each their own.

• Like 10

Here's the description from FB. I'm sure any significant XM news will quickly make it over here.

Description

Group to discuss features, capabilities and games for the Expansion Module. Game Releases and Developer discussion on coding and implementing XM Enhanced Games.

It's a Facebook group that was started for people on Facebook to discuss about the XM, not an announcement about an announcement. Not an announcement about an update. Not an update about an announcement elsewhere. Not whatever fantasy XM news posting transgression some of you seem to want to constantly come up with. Just thought people here that might also be on Facebook would be interested to know it exists, that was the sole purpose. Happy to have the post deleted if this is going to turn into another two pages full of "Yah but..." type posts in response.

Is it ironic that the person that always has something to type just posts a link and nothing more :ponder:

There ya go. Never would of thought simply sharing a link to another XM discussion area would have caused such an uproar.

Edited by Retro Rogue
  • Like 2

So it's some über-exclusive XM fan club. That's good to know. AA needs to set up a designated mole to relay the info. Who wants to sign up? :ponder:

Where do you get "über-exclusive XM fan club"? Closed membership groups on Facebooks are not "über-exclusive" they're just done to cut down on spammers. I.E. you can't auto join the group and start posting away. Anyone on Facebook can still read the group and it's posts. We do the same thing with the Atari Museum group, and the bulk of the rest of the facebook groups that everyone hangs out on are that way. No need for "spies," but thanks for following up with the drama I just said people would probably fill the next few pages with. Jeezus, if you happen to be on Facebook it's just another place to discuss the XM. Nothing more, no special info.

Edited by Retro Rogue
  • Like 4

Jeezus, if you happen to be on Facebook it's just another place to discuss the XM. Nothing more, no special info.

I understand now what you did, but I think it would have been helpful if your original link hadn't been posted without any explanation about what it was. Something like this ...

For those of you who happen to be on Facebook, here's another place to discuss the XM. We've made it a closed membership group to cut down on spammers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7800XM/

... would have taken about ten extra seconds to write and would have closed off a lot of potential misunderstandings. Better to be explicit at the outset than to have to explain later.

• Like 5