IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

If anyone is interested I will sell my reservation for the 7800 XM for $100.00. I don't own a 7800 anymore and don't have the time or money for my Atari Hobby these days. Please PM me if your interested.

I would have no problem buying someone's, however I feel that it would be a pain in the ass trying to get Curt to honor it, not that he wouldn't want to, but it has been so long I am not even sure he knows who he owes them to.

• Like 2

I would have no problem buying someone's, however I feel that it would be a pain in the ass trying to get Curt to honor it, not that he wouldn't want to, but it has been so long I am not even sure he knows who he owes them to.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3222119

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3222124

I alreadt know what was said about selling ones spot, it was also said many times that this would already be in people's hands. Again it is not worth the risk that he would get it right.

I figure anyone who has changed address in the last 5 years faces about the same level of risk.

If anyone is interested I will sell my reservation for the 7800 XM for $100.00. I don't own a 7800 anymore and don't have the time or money for my Atari Hobby these days. Please PM me if your interested.

I'll take it if it's still available, will PM to sort out the details. Thanks!

• Like 1

I figure anyone who has changed address in the last 5 years faces about the same level of risk.

Well hopefully they kept the same email address. All i know is waiting 5 years going on 6, for someone to develop something and you already made a reservation payment for...people are either really patient and to be commended for such a level of commitment or in denial that they have been had.

• Like 1

What's the procedure to follow in case someone in line would come to pass?

I understand to be an off putting topic, and I apologize in advance about mixing money with life/death .... just asking out of curiosity.

It has actually happened with one member here that I know of . If I am not mistaken he pre ordered an sgm from the second run and xm and ofcourse never was able to see either one before his untimely death .

It has actually happened with one member here that I know of . If I am not mistaken he pre ordered an sgm from the second run and xm and ofcourse never was able to see either one before his untimely death .

That is unfortunate to hear..

That's usually how it is... A lot of underground developers just don't have the time to do home-brews and hobby products they way they like. Those who do put in work and actually have real prototypes do deserve some respect because it really is a sacrifice on time, energy, money, resources and what have you. Usually work and family comes first, then the pet project takes priority. If you can actually release something and it's good, then that's a milestone over the hurdle of real life where as there's more to life then developing for great retro goodies like the Atari 7800 via XM. Then when it's released and everyone has gotten there's, you'll be sorry you missed out on it. But time is of the essence and that's very important too.

• Like 2

great retro goodies like the Atari 7800 via XM. Then when it's released and everyone has gotten there's, you'll be sorry you missed out on it.

Naahhh, someone would be underwhelmed and sell it, that's a fact, it happens all the time for any project, so they will be available for a little while.

Some would be on eBay just for the mark up (and 5Y worth of interests, the S&P500 gained 60% in the same timeframe)

I'm not dissing the XM per se, just the school of thought that prompted the "you'll be sorry you missed out" which I think makes the whole situation even more surreal.

Let's tep work his magic and see where it lands, but obviously another 5Y of wait is a deal killer (not saying it's gonna happen but there's a point one need to throw in the towel no matter the reasons behind it).

• Like 2

Just trying to keep the spirits up... I guess it will run it's course after 5 years or so. Time truly is of the essence especially if you've paid the money already for it. Reminds me of when as a teen I was paid in advance to cut a guys yard and I waited too long until the guy finally confronted about it. Of course I got the job done, but the dude never hired me again. A lesson well learned early on in life.

I think this is the same person who bought one of my Donkey Kong XM carts. The package was returned with a note that he was deceased. It was very sobering.

I want to say Happy Easter to everyone here and please enjoy the day with your families. My little girl just gave me some of her Easter eggs and said"Here ya go Dad cause parents don't get candies today." :)

To the new XM team we all believe you can get it finished. Everyone that knows anything about you guys has full confidence.

• Like 7

If anyone in the USA wants to take my pre-order spot, it's up for grabs. $100 gifted PayPal payment (basically what I paid for the unit after shipping initially). I don't have crazy doubts about the project, I'm just not that into the 7800 right now and figured I could use the money more. We'll make it public after like SalemFrost did in this post: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/page-38?do=findComment&comment=3476643. Send me a PM if interested.

• Like 1

All right, this is a public announcement that I have officially transferred my 7800 XM pre-order to new AA user NostAlgae37. He has sent me the original money I paid for the unit after shipping. If and when this thing ships, hopefully I will be able to have the mailing address changed to the new holder of this order, or worst-case if it comes to me, I will forward it to NostAlgae37. My original order number is 2009959, placed Oct 9 2010.

Thanks for selling me your reservation slot, Austin. Does anyone here know if there is someone associated with the project that I should contact and give my mailing address to so that when (if?) the product ships, it will come directly to me now instead of being sent to Austin first? Maybe Perry (tep392) can comment? Thanks again.

• Like 1