IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Eh, I have faith, I invested in this 5 years ago or so and I have lost more money on way more silly things then this.

When and if the XM ever gets released its going to be well worth the wait.

• Like 2

Just found the thread, wow. I wonder how long the thread continues...20 years? I'd have called it a loss after 1 year....6 is amazing

That's what I did. I asked for my money back after a year. Still following this in case something actually happens. May reinvest if it is actually put into production.

• 2 weeks later...

Update -

Team is back together and back to work.

Rev 3.5.1 board released to team late last night.

84 Pin CPLD code completed

BIOS being completed.

New XM "Killer app" games in the work.

Gerber files going to manufacturing for latest test run.

All features have been retained, nothing removed or excluded.

Curt

• Like 35

Update -

Team is back together and back to work.

Rev 3.5.1 board released to team late last night.

84 Pin CPLD code completed

BIOS being completed.

New XM "Killer app" games in the work.

Gerber files going to manufacturing for latest test run.

Curt

Great news Curt.

"...New XM "Killer app" games in the work..."

Wouldn't all time and effort be better suited to finish the actual product first?

I agree, because that's how the big boys do it. No one ever has launch titles when they release new hardware.

• Like 1

Curt

Wouldn't all time and effort be better suited to finish the actual product first?

The hardware is still the same... Let them finish their work so we can see this come to fruition.

I agree, because that's how the big boys do it. No one ever has launch titles when they release new hardware.

I suspect there is separate devs working on apps and games. Software people have separate skill sets than hardware folks. Bringing the software people over to the hardware side won't speed things up.

• Like 2

You might as well plug a cart pass through device into your 7800, if you have nothing, that takes advantage of the XM features.

• Like 2

I suspect there is separate devs working on apps and games. Software people have separate skill sets than hardware folks. Bringing the software people over to the hardware side won't speed things up.

There are two people working on the Hardware side. Curt, and Perry.

Software side - there's Perry and Bob. I'd l0ve to hear if Ken Siders or Propane13 are working on anything - but I don't remember hearing anything like that.

This is assuming grooveybee is still in an incommunicado/abandoned all XM projects mode that he's been in for 2-3? years now.

At this point, I don't know that keeping said "killer apps" in some shroud of mystery is good marketing, seeing how overdue this project is - provided these killer apps aren't just the ones we already know about.

Software side - there's Perry and Bob. I'd l0ve to hear if Ken Siders or Propane13 are working on anything - but I don't remember hearing anything like that.

Nothing from my side, I'm afraid. My last project "Get Lost" was not planned to be an XM title, and I never finished Arkanoid.

Right now, I'm still trying to find time and motivation to fix the freeze issue while balancing real life. Somehow that's harder than expected.

I did get my builds to now run on linux/mac (they were formerly using Windows-based custom scripts), so that's something.

I just have too many irons in the fire at the moment, but you never know.

Anyhoo, I don't want to hijack the thread, so if there are questions about that title, feel free to post in the old 'Get Lost' thread (I still monitor it).

I will say one thing-- whenever there is news on this thread, it's a good thing.

I am glad to see that things are coming along.

-John

• Like 1