IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

IIRC, he said he will have a lookup page on the web for people in your situation, where you can see what your details are and contact him to update any info necessary.

I would love to know the url of that page.

It must be burried in this thread somewhere but you will be able to update the shipping details at the time the XM is finished and ready to ship. And that makes sense as the shipping date is still unknown. By the time it is going to ship you might have changed address again.

Robert

Okay so suppose someone has no hard copy of the reciept, no longer has access to the email they signed up with, and has moved to new physical address?

So there's some secret url with a list of names, or what? Some people may have completely given up hope or don't browse the forum anymore How would one contact an individual in this predicament without them coming forward, assuming they even still know it's a thing?

• Like 1

Some people may have completely given up hope or don't browse the forum anymore How would one contact an individual in this predicament without them coming forward, assuming they even still know it's a thing?

In that case it does not really matter. If they wrote it off as a total loss and don't care to check anymore (for whatever reason) then that group will have a total loss.

What matters is only people who care and need to make sure their info is up to date.

• Like 2

A couple minor updates.

- Test boards for the latest design are on order for delivery in a couple weeks.

- I have the DK XM team (Robert, Marco) back together working on Dig Dug XM. I'm expecting good improvements in graphics, sound, and gameplay. Yesterday I was modifying the NTSC source code to match the PAL release and in the process I found the bug that causes the PAL version to crash on the high score cart. The XM version will work fine with it.

• Like 30

A couple minor updates.

- Test boards for the latest design are on order for delivery in a couple weeks.

- I have the DK XM team (Robert, Marco) back together working on Dig Dug XM. I'm expecting good improvements in graphics, sound, and gameplay. Yesterday I was modifying the NTSC source code to match the PAL release and in the process I found the bug that causes the PAL version to crash on the high score cart. The XM version will work fine with it.

That is awesome news ! I have been thinking for a long time about how cool it would be to get a Qbert with arcade sounds .

• Like 1

A couple minor updates.

Holy crap, when are you starting pre-orders for Dig Dug XM? Count me in! ;) (That's my favorite old-school game, in case you couldn't guess.)

• 2 weeks later...

Not the case, just more out of hope this will become a reality, it's been going on I would say for a few years now,if not longer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has been waiting on this for a long time, I don't mind paying for this, as long as it can be made and delivered for all Atari 7800 fans.

His name is Perry. Curt never said anything.

No, Curt did say a few posts back on June 10, 2016: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3528732

Your first sentence reply depends on whether the person was referring to Tep's post (Perry),

or Curt's post on June 10, 2016… which I also posted straight off Facebook a few days later, and then realized Curt had also posted it here. (A bunch refuse to use Facebook, so I was passing along information.)

If you're going to take the time to post false info, you should at least read a few pages back in the thread.

I hope the above doesn't come off as me being mean, but no wonder Curt doesn't want to post here anymore!

I will apologize if I came off as mean or negative. I was trying to point out a fact that I read into which is irrelevant. I guess that is how pure text reads like without anything else. Thats why they invented smileys. So here is a ☺ for ya!

I should have said nothing obviously and your explaination makes sense and is also correct. Yeah I am a non facebooker was an early adopter of facebook but quit after it's first year.. I despise it completely for numerous reasons which I will not get into as it is political etc.

Have a great weekend guys and enjoy some atari!