IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

I'd also like to know this. :mad:

..Al

No. I never ordered one. I was trying to make light of a tense subject that I've followed on and off. I have no ill will toward Curt or anyone els here. In fact I don't even know the fellow other than some pleasant exchanges about old Atari stuff. If the video I posted was in poor taste (which it may have been) then I certainly apologize.

Edit: this is an emotional topic and a flippant crass joke probably wasn't called for here at all. I wish Curt a speedy recovery and hope he gets on his feet soon.

Edited by toptenmaterial

I wouldn't worry about it, I interpreted another way myself, which was basically "this one is tossed...". Not everybody is into sarcasm, in fact most people have a hard time getting their grips on it. Marty is one of them, IMHO.

On that note, did you watch New Jack City? Or did you just pull that reference out of google's ass?

• Like 4

I wouldn't worry about it, I interpreted another way myself, which was basically "this one is tossed...". Not everybody is into sarcasm, in fact most people have a hard time getting their grips on it. Marty is one of them, IMHO.

On that note, did you watch New Jack City? Or did you just pull that reference out of google's ass?

I know New Jack City verbatim! And yeah, that was basically the joke. I don't know Curt much less want to murder him. But it is an emotional thread so that probably wasn't the place for it.

• Like 1

HI,

I see people selling or trading their pre-orders. Just want those who do this to know that I will contact you when your order is next in queue to ship, if you've sold your XM pre-order, you'll just provide the name & address and email of that person its going to and they'll get an email with the tracking # and the order will ship to them. I've been at the XM now steady every night addressing things and I have a major update to send to GroovyBee shortly for his review. Still on track for THIS SPRING to release, no more delays, XM's ship this spring.

Again, those who want to buy one, I'm sure you'll see the buzz here and elsewhere as people get them, post about them and so forth. I will make announcements of the general purchase date, I am hoping to also work with Albert to also make the XM's for sale directly on AA as well as my store so that people will have multiple places to buy.

Lets keep the vitriol down to a minimum and lets keep the positive vibes going, I'm back and fully recovered and really jazzed about the XM's being finished and going out, thanks.

• Like 48

HI,

I see people selling or trading their pre-orders. Just want those who do this to know that I will contact you when your order is next in queue to ship, if you've sold your XM pre-order, you'll just provide the name & address and email of that person its going to and they'll get an email with the tracking # and the order will ship to them. I've been at the XM now steady every night addressing things and I have a major update to send to GroovyBee shortly for his review. Still on track for THIS SPRING to release, no more delays, XM's ship this spring.

Again, those who want to buy one, I'm sure you'll see the buzz here and elsewhere as people get them, post about them and so forth. I will make announcements of the general purchase date, I am hoping to also work with Albert to also make the XM's for sale directly on AA as well as my store so that people will have multiple places to buy.

Lets keep the vitriol down to a minimum and lets keep the positive vibes going, I'm back and fully recovered and really jazzed about the XM's being finished and going out, thanks.

Great to hear, Curt! Glad you're excited, as I am too. This is going to make a wonderful addition to the 7800 and its eventually-larger library. Thanks for all the work!

I've been standing on the side lines watching this unfold. I'm very curious. Looks like I picked an exciting time to enter 7800 gaming.

Btw Curt I'm really enjoing the Atari book.

Great news that it might be offered in the AA store. Was a price given yet?

I've been following the thread and news about the XM. Curt, glad you're feeling better, and glad to hear the XM is going to be available more generally since I missed out on the opportunity to preorder one earlier. Would love to get one and enjoy some of these new, great games that are coming for it!