IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Where can I get one of these? Where's the sign up list?

"I sold 183 XMs in pre-order. I made a run of 500 plastics and nameplates. I don't think more than that will be sold. So there will plenty available.

New orders will be taken once I ship all the pre orders. Plenty of notice will be posted ahead of time... A few weeks notice and this will give everyone a chance to get one."

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239315-atari-7800-pre-orders/?p=3256768

• Like 3

Like five years ago... :ponder:

Unfortunately, 'much' has happened in these years that have slowed down the development of this ambitious project.

It pains me to remember it, but it is right not to forget :

"Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I saw some of the posts in the thread about 3.5 years...

I am not going to get into anything with anyone. The timing of this unfortunately is not great. I am supposed to be sitting home today resting, relaxing and destressing before my 6th heart surgery tomorrow morning. ...

... Curt "

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226915-the-7800xm/

Hope AL makes an announcement on the main page when these are available. Would hate to miss out but don't have the patience to check in every two weeks or so....lol..or the memory. I'm sure there will be a buzz when they drop and then i'll pay asap to secure one (i'm sure a lot of people will be "interested" but maybe not be willing to pay right away.)

Unfortunately, 'much' has happened in these years that have slowed down the development of this ambitious project.

It pains me to remember it, but it is right not to forget :

"Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I saw some of the posts in the thread about 3.5 years...

I am not going to get into anything with anyone. The timing of this unfortunately is not great. I am supposed to be sitting home today resting, relaxing and destressing before my 6th heart surgery tomorrow morning. ...

... Curt "

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226915-the-7800xm/

I haven't seen him on here for awhile, how is he doing?

I only met Curt once, and that was many years ago, but my impression of him was all positive, and he seemed like one hell of a nice guy and very dedicated to the Atari scene. And from what I gather, he has taken many products from nothing but an idea all the way to a finished, selling device. And I'll tell you if it was me on my 6th heart surgery, I doubt that I would have had the persistence he has shown on trying to get this XM into its final form. Unless something ultimately stops him, as in out of his control, I don't think this project will be any different.

BTW; Someone might want to tell him that there is a PC keyboard solution ready to plug into his XM XEGS style keyboard port. That should put a smile on his face :-D

- Michael

I haven't seen him on here for awhile, how is he doing?

I only met Curt once, and that was many years ago, but my impression of him was all positive, and he seemed like one hell of a nice guy and very dedicated to the Atari scene. And from what I gather, he has taken many products from nothing but an idea all the way to a finished, selling device. And I'll tell you if it was me on my 6th heart surgery, I doubt that I would have had the persistence he has shown on trying to get this XM into its final form. Unless something ultimately stops him, as in out of his control, I don't think this project will be any different.

BTW; Someone might want to tell him that there is a PC keyboard solution ready to plug into his XM XEGS style keyboard port. That should put a smile on his face :-D

- Michael

Thank you Defender for the links, and now I see he has transitioned over to FaceBook which is unfortunate for those that don't do that (like myself for one). Although I kinda see why, after taking a quick scan through some of the postings on AtariAge and seeing some not too kind remarks directed at him. I don't have all the facts, nor do I really want to go there, so that's all I'll say about that.

Anyway I was mainly concerned about how his health is after all that has happened to him. Anyone know?

Thank you,

- Michael

Anyway I was mainly concerned about how his health is after all that has happened to him. Anyone know?

Thank you,

- Michael

I hope he is feeling better.

Here, his last public statement :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/

"Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Hi everyone...

So here is a quick update. Not much has occurred this year only because I've had several operations and my last in June seems to have fixed an issue that I've had since Dec 12' ...

... Curt "

I hope he is feeling better.

Here, his last public statement :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/

"Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Hi everyone...

So here is a quick update. Not much has occurred this year only because I've had several operations and my last in June seems to have fixed an issue that I've had since Dec 12' ...

... Curt "

Thank you guys. That's good to hear :)

- Michael

Thank you stardust, so I guess he still pops in from time to time. I'll have to send him a PM.

- Michael

Don't bet on him responding. I placed an order on Syzygy for a 7800 cartridge guide on July 8th, 2015 and never received it. A month later, the website was completely broken. You cannot login or place orders. I replied to the customer service email and got an "message undeliverable" error 2 days later. I also sent a PM to Curt. It still sits in his inbox unread, according to Atariage.

Just a heads up, he probably won't read it.

Is it too late to request a chargeback from the bank?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242561-problem-with-syzygy-order/

Edited by stardust4ever

Don't bet on him responding. I placed an order on Syzygy for a 7800 cartridge guide on July 8th, 2015 and never received it. A month later, the website was completely broken. You cannot login or place orders. I replied to the customer service email and got an "message undeliverable" error 2 days later. I also sent a PM to Curt. It still sits in his inbox unread, according to Atariage.

Just a heads up, he probably won't read it.

Is it too late to request a chargeback from the bank?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242561-problem-with-syzygy-order/

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Well I just sent him a PM, and since I am not owed any money or an ordered product, perhaps he'll respond. I wish you luck on your situation.

- Michael

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Well I just sent him a PM, and since I am not owed any money or an ordered product, perhaps he'll respond. I wish you luck on your situation.

- Michael

For the record the total of the order plus shipping was less than $10. I've been dragging my feet about contacting the bank due to school, and now it seems it may be too late as more than 90 days have passed... :(

After watching some of Trebor's 7800 xm videos on YouTube I am really looking forward to having an xm module. Hopefully they will show up for purchase somewhere by Christmas. My wife has been asking me what retro gift I would like this year, and I would put an XM at a tie with the concerto.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

I have a coupla-years-old order on the XM, but I'm actually looking more forward to the Concerto so I can finally try some of the WIPs here! (I don't like emulating the 7800.)

I agree with the not liking to emulate it. I've been wanting some better 8bit graphics and sound on the 7800 for a long time. I'm contemplating buying a sega master system to scratch that itch if the xm or concerto don't come out in the next few months. I can't imagine waiting years. But it sounds like and looks like it will be worth the wait. Edited by adamchevy