IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Lets just leave this thread to XM updates please or info about it etc.

Psychological study and Drama BS I really have no concern and will not partake in no longer. I think I said it before is to give these guys a chance to do their work.

Now lets go play Atari! :)

• Like 1

i don't really see a lot of actual complaining about the XM in this thread over at least the last few pages.

It's an cool tech project, which subsequently has yielded an interesting psychological study. Watching how people react to the ongoing saga of its development makes for great reading and occasional commenting.

Precisely why the Coleco Chameleon has 550+ pages worth of posts spread across two threads. People love a good drama or soap opera. If it is based on real events instead of made up, that's even better! :twisted:

• Like 1

Wow... I think the new xm team was on board what just earlier this year?

Drama? Actual events? Nope mostly made up fiction by a bunch of people who like drama. Especially people who post accross the forum 30-60 times daily..

• Like 1

Wow... I think the new xm team was on board what just earlier this year?

Drama? Actual events? Nope mostly made up fiction by a bunch of people who like drama. Especially people who post accross the forum 30-60 times daily..

This is crazy. All that happened was some noob asked how to order an XM, which is quite humorous at the regularity that question is asked in one of these threads, then a youtube video of Bender laughing was posted in response, and all hell broke loose. People need to get a grip, some ribbing is expected and that was pretty light.

I'm glad tep is involved with the project now, but there's 7 years of built up angst and anxiety over this thing, and he should know that none of the drama is directed at him. At least I don't view it that way. And yes, I have a pre-order in, so that gives me license to chime in.

• Like 5

I've been talking to Curt about the CPLD logic. We need to do some work with it, but it seems Groovybee is in sole position of the files. GB was doing the CPLD work so he has all the latest logic files, but won't hand them over. He is still giving us the silent treatment. Looks like we will need to start from scratch on the CPLD.

Let's give Mark a big hand for finding yet another way to screw over the XM project.

• Like 2

I've been talking to Curt about the CPLD logic. We need to do some work with it, but it seems Groovybee is in sole position of the files. GB was doing the CPLD work so he has all the latest logic files, but won't hand them over. He is still giving us the silent treatment. Looks like we will need to start from scratch on the CPLD.
Let's give Mark a big hand for finding yet another way to screw over the XM project.

Are you telling me, the dickhead code protected the CPLD? You should be able to dump it and get the logic.

Such a classy guy, truly an asset to the community.

• Like 6

He always seems to be helpful in other areas here at AtariAge, so that is weird. Maybe Curt forgot to buy him a cake for his birthday or something.

• Like 1

Wow - total shit news and I am imagining at least another year delay now. I have no idea what the arrangement was for the previous work performed, but if it wasn't set up in a way that he owned the code, how is it legal for him to not hand the stuff over?

Are you telling me, the dickhead code protected the CPLD? You should be able to dump it and get the logic.

Such a classy guy, truly an asset to the community.

We have the jed files but we don't have a way to reverse it back to a useable logic diagram. The logic schematics we have are old and out of date.

• Like 1

He always seems to be helpful in other areas here at AtariAge, so that is weird. Maybe Curt forgot to buy him a cake for his birthday or something.

I would just like to hear him explain why he's refused to give Curt the CPLD or BIOS files. He hasn't said one word to either of us.

• Like 1

Wow - total shit news and I am imagining at least another year delay now. I have no idea what the arrangement was for the previous work performed, but if it wasn't set up in a way that he owned the code, how is it legal for him to not hand the stuff over?

It certainly shouldn't cause a year delay, but it will be a lot of additional work that is completely unnecessary. I don't know about the legality but he was voluntarily contributing to this project and in my opinion has an ethical responsibility to provide files

• Like 1

I would just like to hear him explain why he's refused to give Curt the CPLD or BIOS files. He hasn't said one word to either of us.

I asked him politely for the sources as well (more than once), when Curt asked me to help out. He reads the PM through the email notification and pretends that the PM has never been read and no reply ever arrives. I would ban the dude from the forums, this is borderline hobby terrorism.

I am sure he is going to report half of the new posts in this thread with "Whaaaaa, poor me" again as well.

• Like 10

I asked him politely for the sources as well (more than once), when Curt asked me to help out. He reads the PM through the email notification and pretends that the PM has never been read and no reply ever arrives. I would ban the dude from the forums, this is borderline hobby terrorism.

I am sure he is going to report half of the new posts in this thread with "Whaaaaa, poor me" again as well.

This is what burns me up. Curt was very polite and even acknowledged Mark's significant contribution when he told him that I was going to help out. Every request to him has been polite. But he doesn't have the decency to even respond. There is something seriously messed up with that guy.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he was banned, but unfortunately, that would probably screw over more people if he abandoned the Inty projects he's been working on.

• Like 7

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but is it possible that a virus, hard drive crash, or other unintentional data loss / corruption event means that it's lost forever and not even Groovy Bee himself can retrieve it?

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but is it possible that a virus, hard drive crash, or other unintentional data loss / corruption event means that it's lost forever and not even Groovy Bee himself can retrieve it?

Then how would you explain his lack of communication?

• Like 6

Please ban him. There is no other option.

He is poison.

Nice theroy KS about his hard drive.

Right now Aleins have taken over my fingers and are making me press these letters on my phone so it's not me saying to you your full of shit.

Do you not understand this guy single handedly fucked the XM project?

• Like 7

Great idea, you have given him there. Bravo.

• Like 4

I wouldn't either and to be honest , they probably will never get what they paid for anyway ... they are already screwed over and they just don't know it yet ...

That reminds me of a programmer that hung around this forum and the jag forum that made a version of Gorf for the 7800 and wouldn't make copies of that game because Midway told him not to release. At least he didn't take preorders.

Edited by Bakasama

That reminds me of a programmer that hung around this forum and the jag forum that made a version of Gorf for the 7800 and wouldn't make copies of that game because Midway told him not to release. At least he didn't take preorders.

You mean "Gorf" (the guy, not the game) ? He was working on a version of Space Invaders, truer to the arcade version, for the Bally/Astrocade system as well, never got to see more than a few screen shots I'm afraid. Looked promising, especially since the Bally/Astrovision version is unbeatable with the invaders eventually landing on your head.