IGNORED

SpartaDos X Original Cartridge Reimage

Dropcheck

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Recieved the cartridges from Panos today. Am in the process of packaging and shipping. Should have all orders out except for ones containing the pcb version by Monday.

The pcb version is being a pain. 9&(&(^ 0805 size parts! Only have five more boards to go of those sold. Not too much longer.

• Like 5

Update:

For those recieving the pcb version.

I have keyed the correct placement of the pcb in the original SpartaDOS cartridge. It should look like this:

DSC_2124s.jpg

DSC_2126s.jpg

I suppose you could put it in the opposite way. But then you'd void your warrenty and most likely break your new shiny toy. :skull:

Final update:

All orders have gone out or will go out as of tomorrow morning. It is done.

At this time there are 5 remaining SpartaDOS Cartridges ready for shipping and an undetermined number of SpartaDOS pcbs for the original SpartaDOS cartridge shell. I'm still picking up the pieces. :) I don't think I'll have more than 5 of those either. When I've built and tested them I'll put them on the website for sale.

It's been an adventure. This is the first project of this magnitude I've been involved in. Aided by fellow Atarians from Germany and Greece, it has truely been a multi-continent effect. I couldn't have asked for a better team.

Thank you tf_hh and Panos.

• Like 5

Now all I need is a SIDE2 Loader for this Cartridge.

Would plugging in a SIDE2 cartridge not accomplish this?

But this load also the "SIDE.SYS" who give an error on screen, something like "SIDE LOADER not found".

Probably "SIDE not present" if there is no SIDE hardware. The SDX build with SIDE.SYS is specifically intended for the SIDE cart for this reason.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Got my two carts today. Did a preliminary test on my 130xe and found it works with the original OS and the OS modified for SIO2BT but not with an original Omniview 256. When I get home later I will hopefully have a chance to test with my two OSS Super Carts. Great product, thanks the the team who made it possible.

I do have one question about the cart. Does it have the CAR: device? When I type CAR: at the D1: prompt it just returns the D1: prompt.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Edited by TheEditor

Got my two carts today. Did a preliminary test on my 130xe and found it works with the original OS and the OS modified for SIO2BT but not with an original Omniview 256. When I get home later I will hopefully have a chance to test with my two OSS Super Carts. Great product, thanks the the team who made it possible.

I do have one question about the cart. Does it have the CAR: device? When I type CAR: at the D1: prompt it just returns the D1: prompt.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Do you have an external cart inserted?

D1:DIR + CAR:*.* /A

That will show you everthing contained in the super spartados x rom disk... the car: device

The other thing to try with proper express cart or stackable cart

car or car /l a or car /l i or car /l n

then go to the stacked cart exit drop down... for some reason the ramdisk is not in the default config sys as well as a few standard things.. so reflashing with the common options set will be needed...

when you exit it should take you back to sparta dos....

on Express or some stacked cart the in program selection screen gives a hybrid selection where the calling cart is still active but can't be returned to.. ie it leaves part of itself in memory...

next do the same but hold option down as you press the enter key. that will bring up stacked carts option screen...

when you use the option menu it acts as a sparta cold /c allowing some carts to work that give you problems.... it should not be necessary but sometimes the carts are not perfect and this is needed to make it happen... also it is a sign if you have to do it for many cars that the cart control is flakey or damaged

If you don't have the ramdisk set in config sys just type ramdisk.sys and that will avoid the mem.sav error line... as it was standard to be set up for just that reason. some people would go in and set it to save to a floppy so even if you turned off the atari so long as you went to dos your basic or action work would be saved and you could pick up where you left off from...

• Like 1

let us know what carts work properly, you have to play it to be sure or use it to be sure.. just because you get a title or a prompt does NOT mean its working properly only by truely testing will you be sure it all works like it should....

Post your results here!

As for the tool, it's the normal SIDE2 package. But this load also the "SIDE.SYS" who give an error on screen, something like "SIDE LOADER not found".

Use the cart SDX Imager from the SDX Upgrade Project website to delete SIDE.SYS from the image intended to be flashed to the SDX reimaged cart.

Probably "SIDE not present" if there is no SIDE hardware. The SDX build with SIDE.SYS is specifically intended for the SIDE cart for this reason.

Exactly, that's why the imager comes in handy.

Recommend to read the user guide to get an idea what CAR: is.

let us know what carts work properly, you have to play it to be sure or use it to be sure.. just because you get a title or a prompt does NOT mean its working properly only by truely testing will you be sure it all works like it should....

Post your results here!

Received the shell version some days ago and tested it. Very well done hardware, the image though was in question. In the meantime there is a test image from SDX 4.48 available that reflects the cart's status. Look here please http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8721&start=40#p71848
  • Like 1