IGNORED

SpartaDos X Original Cartridge Reimage

Dropcheck

• 2 months later...

Would this work on an Atari 800?

Maybe it works, but I haven´t test it. It makes no sense, until you have an Inocgnito installed. SDX 4.4x is kind of useless without memory expansion or less the memory under the operating system. A standard 800 have only 48 KByte, no memory under the O.S. and no modern memory expansion. When you have an Axlon compatible memory expansion installed, it should work - but as already said, no test until now.

Jurgen

• Like 1

To be sure... this will act just like spartadosx cart... turn itself on and off and work with rtime8 if we so choose.... or it's own internal clock getting along with other stackables like express!.... I just want to be very sure...

I only ask again for this reason.... original spartax can turn off via software and on via software... so this reimage does exactly the same... we do not need to use a hardware switch to do so ... Correct?

Edited by _The Doctor__

The logic is programmed in the same way like the original SDX cart works. SDX can be switched off by software, but RTC is always accessable.

The hardware switch turns off complete SDX and RTC cart & logic and makes only the stacked cartridge working. This switch isn´t mandatory, but an additional feature for developers or tinkerer with SDX.

Jurgen

This is what I got, when I connected to the site....

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.bitsofthepast.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Sure enough... everything is in the open.... except your pay pal login....

I was asked to order one... and I was going to order one as well...

Not sure what to do now...

This is what I got, when I connected to the site....

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.bitsofthepast.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Sure enough... everything is in the open.... except your pay pal login....

I was asked to order one... and I was going to order one as well...

Not sure what to do now...

What's in your address window? Are you trying to connect to the general website using https://? If so that is why you are getting that message. Most websites don't have secure connections or certificates unless they actually process payments and then only during the actual processing steps. I send you to Paypal to do all that. They provide the secure connection for the payment processing.

Also what version of Firefox are you currently using? Also make sure your pc's time is correct. That will cause this time of problem in IE. Could also effect Firefox the same way.

If you are having problems, please contact me directly on the website or at least pm me. Otherwise I may go for days without knowing you are having a problem. I am on here frequently, but unfortuanately I do take an occasional day off now and then. :)

Edited by Dropcheck

firefox 44.0.2 up to date...add on up to date and secure.

realtime clock atomic us navy adjusted accurate.

personal information can not go out unsecured.

Looks like the web site wants just about all identifiable information short of a credit card without being encrypted on site before being sent to actual checkout. Name address e-mail....

Really would like to buy one but I can't put name address email on an unsecured server... Hate to lose out...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I do agree that you should have an SSL enabled site when asking for things such as a name and address, even if the PayPal checkout is secure. Your GoDaddy provides you with access to an SSL secured space, though the certificate won't match your domain, but you can use a URL using their domain name (secureserver.net). Or, you could just purchase a certificate. If you don't want to pay GoDaddy's prices, ssls.com offers certificates for as low as $5 per year, but I can't vouch for how well recognized they are.

• Like 1

Maybe you can arrange to PayPal direct without the webshop, but I suppose PayPal will mail all data to the buyer unencrypted even if the website was encrypted.

That should have read 'to the seller'

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

At this point the only definitive personally identifiable bit of info is the shipping/billing address that I collect to figure shipping costs. ;-)

The username and password I require should not be used on any other website. It is not identifiable to an actual person in and of itself outside of my site.

The email address can be a throwaway email address from any free email service site, but I con seed it can be identifiable if you chose. It can link you to another site. :(

Getting and maintaining an SSL certificate from my hosting site will run $70.00 per year currently. I can get one cheaper I'm sure, but then who do you trust......? If you want 'secure' however fleeting it is, it would be best to go with a company that makes money providing the service. They stand to loose as much as you if they are not legit. And again who do you trust.....?

The problem is that how do I pay for that. If I add to my costs, then I have to raise my price so that my sells cover that extra cost. At what price point does the customer turn away due to cost. At what point does the drop in sales cause me to close up shop because I cannot cover the costs. It's an age old problem I know and not strictly related to the SSL cost. :(

I'll be looking at a couple of options. It doesn't help to substitute one cost for another or one problem for another. Hopefully I can come up with something reasonable.

I am thinking about perhaps having a Paypal donate button to pay for the SSL certificate. How effective would that be? Would I recieve enough quickly enough? :?

I am also looking at how I can eliminate the shipping address requirement. No shipping address, no need to log in, no personal infomation entered. Perhaps do flat rate shipping depending on number of items and whether it is domestic or international. Once the cart is ready then just send it to Paypal directly. I can get the actual shipping address from logging into Paypal. The problem here is that by definition it will raise the shipping cost for some items. What used to cost $4.5 dollars to ship an item 300 miles away will now cost $6 or $7 regardless of the distance or the item.

I don't know what the fuss is all about. As long as it's a known and trusted site, who cares about the certificate? Do you really think that a hacker is monitoring and capturing your data packets at the same time you are placing an order? Even then, the PayPal stuff is still encrypted.

All they could really get is your name and address. A phone book has that information.

• Like 3