IGNORED

Jaguar Custom Game Hard Cases

Rick Dangerous

None of the ports are Reboot, or ever will be.

Gotcha, they should have your avatar where the reboot logo is really. I will give sheep a break and in a few weeks ask for updated versions which should be simple enough to do.

These cases aren't about money/value or collectability, rather they are a practical way to store your games and easily identify them on a shelf. Because of this i think that despite these small errors, these are still perfectly usable for the average person.

That being said I think we all appreciate YOUR hard work on these ports and all believe it deserves to be recognized properly whenever possible.

Edited by travistouchdown

Not trying to stir anything up, genuinely curious as I haven't followed these conversions hard core. I will be testing more in VJ soon, R Type is awesome.

How do these ports differ from the boxes Gatze is making with the reboot (bee?) logo on them?

Not trying to stir anything up, genuinely curious as I haven't followed these conversions hard core. I will be testing more in VJ soon, R Type is awesome.

How do these ports differ from the boxes Gatze is making with the reboot (bee?) logo on them?

Its not anything to do with reboot. The Bee is the ST Mouse bee, hence why its on the boxes. My boxes are different to these, some slightly as the same artwork was obviously sourced, but others are a lot different.

Edited by Gaztee
  • Like 1

Its not anything to do with reboot. The Bee is the ST Mouse bee, hence why its on the boxes. My boxes are different to these, some slightly as the same artwork was obviously sourced, but others are a lot different.

Gotcha! The bee jumped out at me. I should have recognized that as the ST cursor. I didn't see the actual "Reboot" word/logo printed as well.

Sorry about that - I don't know anything about the Jag conversion scene, just a hobbyist filling cover requests. I'll make sure the logo is removed for any future releases I get asked to cover. :)

Oh my! Sheep is on AA!!!

Sheep is like the the CJ of The Cover Project...lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is such an amazing thread. You guys are all creative with your work! Wish I had the materials to make boxes like these as well.

Have any of you tried to make the actual cardboard boxes? If so what do those end up going for in price? I have a few lose carts only and would love to get the boxes made to match vs having just a couple plastic cases and the rest all cardboard.

This is such an amazing thread. You guys are all creative with your work! Wish I had the materials to make boxes like these as well.

Have any of you tried to make the actual cardboard boxes? If so what do those end up going for in price? I have a few lose carts only and would love to get the boxes made to match vs having just a couple plastic cases and the rest all cardboard.

Depending on the game, you can find new old stock boxes for many games still. Try B&C, Best electronics, and Telegames in UK. Might cost a bit more, especially with shipping depending on location, but you would possibly have official new boxes for your loose games.

• 1 month later...

Looking at having some more covers printed soon. Anyone remember what the covers from cover project typically need to be resized to for universal game cases? I remember it being like 99/98or 97% of the original size but forget which, I think I did my most recent one at 97 and it does look noticeable smaller and worse than some of my older ones (ie: product number on bottom of spine is a quarter inch higher than the others so it sticks out on the shelf as different, little annoying stuff like that)

Edited by sirlynxalot

• 1 month later...

Those look pretty good! I assume if you are one collecting or making all of the ST ports, then that would be good to ad to the collection. I currently don't have any ST ports myself but have 64 cartridge games now, all with either the original boxes or some with plastic cases. But having access to what is needed to make the ST carts or the know how on how to do them would be awesome! Props to you!

• 1 month later...