IGNORED

Jaguar Custom Game Hard Cases

Rick Dangerous

Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters is pretty awesome. That's probably the one I've spent the most time playing of any of the ST ports. I'd love to see an .ABS or CD of that one and a cover!

Why? You already have it :)

PS. Won't happen. Ever.

Please don't. This isn't some 30 year old thing that is looking tatty. It's commissioned art work and those involved (myself included) would not appreciate it being used this way.

Thanks to Sheep at TCP!

Nice to have a higher resolution Painter cover.

I need a higher res TI Dizzy CD cover! The only one I found was pretty pixilated! I am also looking for one for "CONCEPT" and "U-Fly" and the updated "Full Circle Rocketeer"

*sigh*

I need a higher res TI Dizzy CD cover! The only one I found was pretty pixilated! I am also looking for one for "CONCEPT" and "U-Fly" and the updated "Full Circle Rocketeer"

I could use a higher rez scan of that "lusty blonde wench" for research purposes of medi-evil times :).

• Like 1

I was going to reply earlier and say hey CyranoJ you make some good games as do others. I like to be able to display them and it does make them easier to access than flashing them each time or burning them.

Yeah, no problem with that. The issue is this artwork ends up with ebay and etsy scumbags.

• Like 3

Yeah, no problem with that. The issue is this artwork ends up with ebay and etsy scumbags.

Anyone with the facilities to run off Jag reproductions likely has a scanner as well.

I don't think casing/display enthusiasts are enabling these people any more than they are able to enable themselves through other methods. I haven't yet seen any pirated copies of any games on ebay or etsy using art created for universal game cases. However, I understand your concern and where you are coming from and if it becomes a problem, and starts happening with some frequency I am happy to request a mod remove this thread and I can be a resource for people individually as a keeper of the files. However I don't think we are there yet.

• 7 months later...

Put the box in a box...

I do that too...lol. I keep the boxes in plastic protectors so they are not damaged.

Madman read the very first post in this thread. Cardboard boxes are not a practical storage solution if you are playing the games regularly, they are damaged/worn further every time you use them. The universal game case protects your game, makes it easily accessible for use; and looks great lined up on a shelf; just like the clamshell cases for Sega Genesis. I wish more companies had gone that route in the first place; would have saved me a lot of time and money!

Many many people use game cases to store their games across all platforms; the universal game case and DVD cases are most common, but their are also Bit Boxes, Shock Boxes, and many other styles/types. It cracks me up that every time I update this post someone inevitably posts "now why the heck would you go and do that, whoda thunk it?" lol

I take nice care of my things (my original NES boxes from childhood are still almost perfect), but to me, taking up 2x the space just to preserve a piece of cardboard for the next person to own the game after you sell it/die makes no sense. To each their own, but over the last several years gaming seems to have become about preserving everything and hiding it away from UV light in protective plastic. If something is hidden away and never used, who cares if it looks good?

• Like 1

To each their own; it's not for everyone.

I'm a firm believer that if something is more accessible, you are likely to use it more often. The clam-shell style cases make it too easy to grab a game off a shelf, pop open the case, and use it. I really think it's more about gaming than collecting; but at the same time i'm not going to let my boxes get crushed in storage which is why i protect those as well.

I'm done proselytizing. Use these or don't; if you don't GROK it, i can't put in the mental effort to convince you anymore. Please just know that there are plenty of those that do and appreciate me sharing the covers in this thread.

I have not once seen them used yet for anything piratey.

• 3 months later...

Well I store all my games for Snes,Atari 7800/2600/Jaguar in Universal Game Cases.  In fact these inserts keep me wanting to buy more games as they look good on the shelf, and I can play my games without destroying boxes.  Also the Ebay pirates are making boxes and games with their own artwork and pushing them as original work, one seller I see from France even has Another World for Jaguar.  But I have yet to see anybody pushing UGC inserts as they are obviously not original or collectable, they are just for the gamers and good-looking storage.   I appreciate what travistouchdown is doing as I'm sure others are as well.  I hope he is allowed to continue as I do think this does promote the hobby as well.  I would even pay extra for games in the store if these cases were included for use.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...