IGNORED

Jaguar Custom Game Hard Cases

Rick Dangerous

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you want to add to your first page. I ordered a bunch of bitbox game cases for my SNES games, turns out the jaguar carts fit nice and snug in them. There is a gap around the cart as you can see, but it holds in there just fine. The only issue would be the artwork for UGC's won't fit correctly. I'm going to try scaling the artwork to fit properly and report back.

IMG_20200505_123746.jpg

• Like 3

Update, quick resize in Gimp to match the size of the SNES bitbox labels. I just scaled it, nothing more. So it did stretch the image a little. Honestly i don't think it looks bad for a quick edit without having to remake the whole insert. As you can see the cart fits pretty well. It sits a little proud if you look from the side but the case closes no problem. The manual pouch even fits the manual no problem! This was just printed on plain printer paper, not done for quality, just to test fit and see how it looked from a layout standpoint.

IMG_20200506_140758.jpg

IMG_20200506_140813.jpg

IMG_20200506_140803.jpg

IMG_20200506_140808.jpg

IMG_20200506_140834.jpg

IMG_20200506_140841.jpg

IMG_20200506_140945.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

What else are we missing folks?

I'm not getting into alpha's and betas, but anyone need a cover for anything else?  I think we are at about 100%

Anyone thinking of doing the one for Fantasy World Dizzy, Speedball 2, and all those releases? I can help out with the photo editing and layout, but I am unable to scan anything in.

9 minutes ago, McCarseat said:

Gotcha, didn't realize that was a thing. My bad.

I know some people want to put their games in plastic cases, but this also is a vector for people to pirate games and still get a box.  We spend a small fortune on the printed materials for these games, and everyone who buys one gets a nice box with a box insert.

..Al

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McCarseat said:

Update, quick resize in Gimp to match the size of the SNES bitbox labels. I just scaled it, nothing more. So it did stretch the image a little. Honestly i don't think it looks bad for a quick edit without having to remake the whole insert. As you can see the cart fits pretty well. It sits a little proud if you look from the side but the case closes no problem. The manual pouch even fits the manual no problem! This was just printed on plain printer paper, not done for quality, just to test fit and see how it looked from a layout standpoint.

IMG_20200506_140813.jpg

IMG_20200506_140945.jpg

Wow AVP looks awesome in the Bitbox, AND the manual fits!  Looks almost like a mini Neo Geo Shock Box. 

If i didn't have so much time and money tied up in casing my collection in UGC's i'd certainly consider this route.  Much more convenient to have each manual with each game. 

BitBoxes aren't cheap either though right?  Where do you get these again, stone age gamer? 

3 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Wow AVP looks awesome in the Bitbox, AND the manual fits!  Looks almost like a mini Neo Geo Shock Box. 

If i didn't have so much time and money tied up in casing my collection in UGC's i'd certainly consider this route.  Much more convenient to have each manual with each game. 

BitBoxes aren't cheap either though right?  Where do you get these again, stone age gamer? 

Yeah I got them from Stone Age Gamer. They are very much exactly like my Neo Geo shockboxes. I bought 50 for SNES games so they end up being slightly cheaper that way. They are $3.99 each, or if you get 50 they end up being 2.00 each. Plus 30 cents or something each for the manual inserts. Shipping is extra too. So it all adds up for sure.