IGNORED

Jaguar Custom Game Hard Cases

Rick Dangerous

UGC's work out to about $1 for the case, $2 for high quality art insert, so they are about $1 cheaper.  So not much cheaper i'd say, considering the quality look of those bit boxes, and the fact that they fit the cart better AND the manual in the same case.  May have to look into it someday....lol.  

I'm still having a hard time getting inserts printed with a good enough quality. My printer sucks, locally i'm having issues finding a print shop that will do it on anything other than regular copy paper.

If things weren't shut down it would probably be easier, but i have about 100 inserts that need to be printed for NES, SNES, PC Engine, and now Jaguar. It's a decent small relatively easy job, but oddball enough that the couple local places haven't been quick to respond with quotes. UPS printing service near me will do it, but the best they can do is 28lb laser paper. I was surprised that no one seems to care about the copyright stuff though haha.

2 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I use Staples for printing; but they are shut down right now as well.  Sitting on about 20 or 25  DVD case and UGC covers i need to print myself!   Always use thick high gloss paper, never regular copy paper (which isn't even big enough for a UGC sized properly). 

Yeah that's my issue with the Bitboxes, they are even bigger so 8.5x14 is the paper size needed so it limits things at places like Staples, UPS, and Kinkos

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly, the Universal Game Cases have been discontinued.  

https://www.retrorgb.com/rip-universal-game-cases.html

That is unfortunate, as I have all my Jaguar carts in them.  I should have enough extra cases to get me by for the next few years of releases, but whenever I eventually run out that is going to suck.  My OCD won't tolerate some cases being "different", so hopefully someone else can pick up manufacturing of these cases somewhere down the line!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Sadly, the Universal Game Cases have been discontinued.  

https://www.retrorgb.com/rip-universal-game-cases.html

That is unfortunate, as I have all my Jaguar carts in them.  I should have enough extra cases to get me by for the next few years of releases, but whenever I eventually run out that is going to suck.  My OCD won't tolerate some cases being "different", so hopefully someone else can pick up manufacturing of these cases somewhere down the line!

OMG same!  I could NOT have two types of cases...lol

I can't believe they discontinued them.  Yep; need to order 2x 100 count boxes and should be set for life; haha. (WOW---Sold out on The Video Store Shopper; scratch that idea!) 

Luckily; with bit boxes and such; seems like there will always be good options out there. 

And yes; these are so universally used i wouldn't be surprised if someone bought the mould and started making them again after COVID. 

• 4 months later...

Guys; need some help.  Have been going back through my home-brews, and making myself high quality copies with CD labels.  I have found most all of them but am missing:

-Expressway

-Rocks Off

-Superfly DX

-Painter

-Black Out!

I have carts of some of these, i have pre-ordered re-booted, etc. etc., i just want to have CD copies of these as well.

If anyone has label art and can hook me up with any of these it would be greatly appreciated! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Guys; need some help.  Have been going back through my home-brews, and making myself high quality copies with CD labels.  I have found most all of them but am missing:

-Expressway

-Rocks Off

-Superfly DX

-Painter

-Black Out!

I have carts of some of these, i have pre-ordered re-booted, etc. etc., i just want to have CD copies of these as well.

If anyone has label art and can hook me up with any of these it would be greatly appreciated! 

Are you just looking for the CD sleeve inserts for those? I have all 5 of those and can input them here tomorrow. They are on my work computer where I printed them from so I can grab them tomorrow and post here. Unless it's cart versions you want I don't have of those. 

1421901088_RocksOff.thumb.jpg.d97a04ec97bdaba011a925ad7d37d428.jpg

905446109_JaquetteExpressway.thumb.png.01c5f103c26efe83364f811e23422574.png

I have Expressway and Rocks Off on my computer so I added those 2 for you above. I have printed versions of Black Out, Superfly DX, and Painter, but I cannot seem to find them on my computer, but back before I had access to a nice printer I had someone print them for me so I probably had the files from him and aren't on my computer. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

UGC's are back FINALLY for a reasonable price (less than $2 apiece when ordered in bulk.) 

Universal Game Cases (UGC) for Retro Video Game Cartridge | eBay

If anyone needs a particular cover, look through the thread first....then DM me if you can't find it.  Happy to help.  Cheers' 

PXL_20230214_144159825.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah man this thread and a few others and this one French website I can't remember were massive in helping me with all my Jaguar CD covers for my display. Then the cover art project . com was the other help for many covers for Saturn, Sega CD, Virtual Boy, 32X, 3DO, N64, Genesis, and whatever others I needed. 

This thread is a good resource for those that need a case for a loose cart or cd!

Edited by UHATEIT
  • Thanks 1