IGNORED

Can you help me with info of two games? (Boulderdash and Lode Runner)

courtesi96

There are 2 versions of Lode runner on Colecovision. The two are very good. But the more recent one is the one to get. There is lot of improvment and is very close to the C64 version. It is a fantastic port.

Boulder Day , is a good game on Colecovision too. Similar to all version we can find on other plateforms. Personnally i grew up with the C64 version , and i tend to prefer that one. But colecovision version is very correct.

1. How would you grade Boulder dash and Lode runner as games - in terms of how well?

2. Is boulder Dash like Apple 2?

3. How much can I expect to have to pay for each? How difficult are they to find?

I generally agree with youki's appreciation of the games.

You can get Lode Runner from CollectorVision, although I'm not sure if they still have copies available.

Boulder Dash is one of those holy grails for collectors, so it can get pretty expensive to buy an original copy when it pops up on eBay. If you just want to play the game and don't mind getting a more recent version, Telegames issued a number of copies in mini-cartridge format a while ago. I'm not sure if they still have copies to sell though.

There are 2 versions of Lode runner on Colecovision. The two are very good. But the more recent one is the one to get. There is lot of improvment and is very close to the C64 version. It is a fantastic port.

How do I know which is the more recent version?

Yes, they have. Ordered a copy last week.

They are out of stock unfortunately.

I very rarely see the Boulder Dash cart being sold. It would probably go for a $100 bucks or more. The CIB of Boulder Dash I have seen go for 400 - 800

You would be better off buying a atarimax SD cart for 160 or whatever it is and then putting the boulderdash rom on it.

How do I know which is the more recent version?

The more recent version is the one Collectorvision is selling and comes complete in box.

The old one only came in cart version and only 25 - 40 were made. They have a different label and will be a lot more expensive. That will tell you it is the old one. ;)